navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
UK's most popular Renewable Energy Forum December 20, 2014, 11:45:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British Gas refuse to pay FITs  (Read 8448 times)
Ivan
Administrator

« on: August 06, 2010, 06:07:53 PM »

I've just spoken to British Gas on behalf of my sister,who is trying to register her PV system for FITs.

British Gas are refusing to honour FIT payments prior to today (they are insisting on today's reading and will only pay FITs from today onwards) - this equates to a loss of 700. This is quite different from npower and swalec, who are both prepared to backdate to the beginning of April.

I'm sure they're not playing ball, but does anyone know where I'll find the legislative wording to prove my point?

Navitron Member of Staff
www.epogee.co.uk - Solar PV & Solar Thermal Training / MCS
roscoe

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 06:20:57 PM »

First Utility backdated no problem as well.

Not sure of the wording, but I would expect persistence to win through provided its MCS install is post April 1 2010 and all the MCs cert etc is in order.
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 06:47:21 PM »

Need a bit more history I think.

Is she an existing BG customer?

When was the PV commissioning date?

If after 1st April, presume it is MCS?

Was her DNO advised of the installation, if so when?

Volunteer moderator
6kW Proven turbine, Navitron 20-tube solar thermal, GSHP, WBS with back-boiler, Rayburn wood central heating
Amy

Karma Queen !

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 08:12:17 PM »

Keep a full log of all time spent on this and then bill BG for your time and trouble

Thank God for Charles Darwin. Another voice of sanity in this God forsaken world.
www.amy-artimis.blogspot.com/
Ivan
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 11:20:30 PM »

Yes, she's been a BG customer for several years. Yes, it was MCS-certified. I think the certificate date was 14March. Yes, DNO was notified on 16/3/2010

The other alternative, is I get my sister to switch to a different provider that isn't going to mess her about (or is this what they want me to do?!)

« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 11:49:47 PM by Ivan » Logged

Navitron Member of Staff
www.epogee.co.uk - Solar PV & Solar Thermal Training / MCS
marshman

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 06:24:45 PM »

I switched from BG because they didn't seem to know what they were talking about. I went with Scottish and Southern. I switched first, then when I had the supply account number I registered with their microgeneration department - they were a bit slow but did warn me there would be a delay. They assured me I would get FiTs for everything generated from installation if I hadn't had any payments from another utility. My system went live on 19th April and I didn;t start the switching process until after that date. I sent my first reading off on July 1st and received my first Cheque on 31st July which was for the total generation + 50% assumed export. They also fitted an export meter but I have to wait for OFGEM to acknowledge registration before I receive export payments based on the export meter read.

Roger

3.15kWpk (15xSharp ND210)/SB3000. & 3.675kWpk (15 x Suntech 245WD)/SB4000TL, Futurenergy FE1048 turbine/2 x Windmaster 500. Hunter Midi 20 wood burner with boiler driving Wirsbo underfloor heating. 10' x 7' solar wall (experimental)
greentangerine

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 06:31:17 PM »

As far as I'm aware, you don't have to use the same company for FITs as the one that supplies your electricity.

2.940 kWP (Sharp ND210 / SB2500)
2.115 kWP (Kinve KV235-60P / SB1600)
2.000 kWP (Sharp ND250 / SB1600)
65 x 58mm SunnPro / Torrent T280 RE OV / SunSpeed2 205
11kW Dean Forge Croft Clearburn with 10,000 BTU boiler
immerSUN 2
PV Output
marshman

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 02:00:38 PM »

As far as I'm aware, you don't have to use the same company for FITs as the one that supplies your electricity.

You are correct. Scottish and Southern said they would be happy to "supply" the Fits even if I wasn't a customer. The reason I switched to the was a) their supply tariff for my area was good and b) (the main reason) if they supply your electricity as well then they will install an export meter at no cost. I know the revenue generated at 3p per unit above the assumed 50% is small but as they say "every little bit helps"

Roger

3.15kWpk (15xSharp ND210)/SB3000. & 3.675kWpk (15 x Suntech 245WD)/SB4000TL, Futurenergy FE1048 turbine/2 x Windmaster 500. Hunter Midi 20 wood burner with boiler driving Wirsbo underfloor heating. 10' x 7' solar wall (experimental)
ScottMcLean

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 05:30:39 PM »

Be advised that the big 6 mandatory licencees are under no obligation to only pay you the FITs payments if you remain the customer of another of the big 6. They do have to make the payments if you are a voluntary licencee customer.
Kombi

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 10:13:08 AM »

I have just contacted SSE to get confirmation that I am going to get paid for all generation prior to me sending the registration form, which should be today if I get an answer quickly. I'll let you know how I get on...
Kombi

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 10:16:27 PM »

I eventually managed to get a response from SSE: they will not be paying for anything produced prior to today's date. They were previously doing so but were advised by Ofgem that they should not be. Ted, do you have any more info on this?
Kombi

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 11:32:48 PM »

Been doing some digging as this has got me seriously wound up!!  stir fume

It is indeed up to Ofgem to administer the finer details, based on the order published by the D.E.C.C. Ofgem have published an FIT Guidance documents for electricty companies. You can read it here
I found 3 interesting bits on the subject being discussed here:
- page 30, paragraph 4.11: "...FIT Licensees are obliged to pay FIT Generators, or Nominated Recipients, for every kWh electricity generated by the eligible installation, at the appropriate tariff rate"
- page 33, paragraph 4.28: "payments are accrued by a FIT generator, or Nominated Recipients, from the Eligibility date"
- page 37, paragraph 6.1: " the eligibility date is the date on which an installation becomes available for FIT payments. It is the later of:
   1)receipt by Ofgem of a ROO-FIT accreditation application or receipt by a FIT licensee of an application for a MCS certified accreditation and registration
   2)commisioning date
   3)the launch of the FIT scheme 01/04/10"

So the question is do we fall under "receipt by a FIT licensee of an application for a MCS certified accreditation and registration" when we send the application form to the electricity company???
Iain

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 12:39:26 PM »

Hi
Any use? Part of letter received from Scotish and Southern.
Ofgem are working hard to administer the completed applications and are hoping to process them over the next couple of months.  They will then notify us (FIT Licensees) if they have been chosen as a FIT provider. When we receive this we will issue a FIT contract, which will be backdated to 1 April 2010.  Until we have received the notification from Ofgem and received the signed contract from you we are unable to process any payments for generation and export. 
I was on ROC's and sent my FIT transfer application in on the 1st April
Iain

1.98kWp PV  (11 x Sharp 180 and SB1700)
20 x 65mm Thermal and 180ltr unvented
9000ltr rainwater storage   Plymouth
http://www.bdpv.com/fiche_utilisateur_en.php?util=iain
http://www.sunnyportal.com/Templates/PublicPageOverview.aspx?plant=cba8d47f-bf09-4533-a105-4303b353f20f&splang=en-US
Kombi

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 04:08:12 PM »

Thanks Ian. I don't think it applies as you transfered over from ROC rather than have a new installation.
Kombi

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 09:55:24 PM »

Things are not looking good. It does seem that Ofgem has indeed changed their position on this not so long ago (or so have said the 3 electricity companies I have spoken to) and obviously not told anyone. The only solution I can think of is to bitterly complain to Ofgem  fight, but whether this will do anygood or not???
Ivan, are you getting anywhere??
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: