navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
UK's most popular Renewable Energy Forum October 31, 2014, 09:02:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EON meter Reading How ???  (Read 4813 times)
Mike777

4 kWh System Sanyo Panels

« on: January 23, 2012, 08:44:01 AM »

Hi all

I am due to give a meter reading now to EON..

Any idea on the process.....do I have to contact EON direct / Do it on line / Do they email me Huh

Many thanks for your time............

Regards

Mike
greentangerine

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 08:47:34 AM »

I send an email to FitMeterReadings@eonenergy.com, with my FIT account number as the subject (i.e FIT AC # 000xxxxxx) and the generation meter reading in the body. 

Been doing this every quarter since 1st April 2010 and works fine.

2.940 kWP (Sharp ND210 / SB2500)
2.115 kWP (Kinve KV235-60P / SB1600)
2.000 kWP (Sharp ND250 / SB1600)
65 x 58mm SunnPro / Torrent T280 RE OV / SunSpeed2 205
11kW Dean Forge Croft Clearburn with 10,000 BTU boiler
immerSUN 2
PV Output
Mike777

4 kWh System Sanyo Panels

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 09:11:16 AM »

I send an email to FitMeterReadings@eonenergy.com, with my FIT account number as the subject (i.e FIT AC # 000xxxxxx) and the generation meter reading in the body. 

Thanks for reply............

If my FIT contract started on 23 Nov 2011 should my first reading be at the end of play on 22 or 23 Jan 2012 Huh

Thanks

Mike
langstroth3

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 09:58:28 AM »

That's good to know, I've just submitted by first reading using the email route (Mike777 - I used the date of first reading requested on the letter that EON sent with the contract. The reading I sent was after inverter shut down on that date).

Solar Thermal = Navitron 40 (20 x 47mm) Evacuated Tubes.
Solar PV = 4kWp, 16 x 250w znshine; sb4000tl inverter
greentangerine

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 10:34:01 AM »

Thanks for reply............

If my FIT contract started on 23 Nov 2011 should my first reading be at the end of play on 22 or 23 Jan 2012 Huh

Presumably the 23rd Jan. to be exact but AFIAK, you only need to supply a reading within a week or so of the due date else they'll just carry it over to the next quarter; the exact date of the reading isn't a problem.

You should also send them a meter reading after sundown on the 31st March so they can adjust for the new FIT rate applicable for the next 12 months else they'll estimate it.

2.940 kWP (Sharp ND210 / SB2500)
2.115 kWP (Kinve KV235-60P / SB1600)
2.000 kWP (Sharp ND250 / SB1600)
65 x 58mm SunnPro / Torrent T280 RE OV / SunSpeed2 205
11kW Dean Forge Croft Clearburn with 10,000 BTU boiler
immerSUN 2
PV Output
Twenty4Seven

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 11:10:26 AM »

Our system was installed on 28th November and I still haven't had the contract from eon yet. Should I be panicing?

2kW PV
langstroth3

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 01:13:37 PM »

I assume you've sent in the FiT application to EON - and had confirmation that they have it (via you giving them a call) ?

If yes, then I wouldn't say there's any need for concern - they were swamped with applications before Xmas. If you are at all concerned give them a call - I always found them very helpful on the phone. After 10 weeks (in Nov) we'd had no contract - I phoned and in the end they emailed it to me for printing off and returning.

Solar Thermal = Navitron 40 (20 x 47mm) Evacuated Tubes.
Solar PV = 4kWp, 16 x 250w znshine; sb4000tl inverter
m whitt

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 02:47:05 PM »

"If my FIT contract started on 23 Nov 2011 should my first reading be at the end of play on 22 or 23 Jan 2012 Huh

Thanks

Mike"

surely if contract started on 23 nov your first reading will be 23 of feb not jan as you have only been running 2 months Huh

mark
E.ON Company Rep: Malc

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 03:59:47 PM »

Hi all

I am due to give a meter reading now to EON..

Any idea on the process.....do I have to contact EON direct / Do it on line / Do they email me Huh

Many thanks for your time............

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike

Already some excellent advice on here. Thanks guys.

Just thought I'd confirm the email address greentangerine posted is spot on. You can also phone the readings through if you like to 0845 301 4884.

The date readings are due will be advised in the Acceptance Pack we sent out. Customers can give us the readings either 7 days before or after this date. Readings submitted after the 7 days will be rolled over and used next time.

Hope this is of interest.

Malc
Twenty4Seven

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 04:10:51 PM »

Malc

Can you comment on the lead time for getting contracts out? I handed my application form and certificate to Bedford in person on 30th November - and received a signed compliment slip as proof.

Cheers

Nick

2kW PV

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 04:15:39 PM »

Hi Nick

As langstroth3 says, we were swamped just before Christmas and have been working our way through the backlog.

Give our FIT team a call on the number above if you're unsure. We'll be happy to let you know exactly where we are with your application.

Malc
wozza

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 10:03:48 AM »

Took our first reading on the 22nd December and emailed the details to EON (email is good as you have proof and get a reply Smiley )

Had the payment yesterday (23rd Jan) - it was a little bit later than the letter said and we had to chase it, but it seems that EON are far better than some of the other suppliers out there.

Malc - my next reading will be on the 22nd March - I will then submit another reading on the 31st March to enusre that I get the increased FiT from April 1st onwards. Would I be able to change my reading date so that the March one always lands on the 31st March (rather than the 22nd) so I wont have to submit 5 readings a year?

P.S. its good to see that EON have allowed a rep to come onto the forum.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 10:06:16 AM by wozza » Logged

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 09:36:32 AM »

Hi wozza

Sorry for the late reply. Have been out of the office for a couple of days.

I've just spoken to our FIT team and am afraid it's not possible to change the date of the quarterly meter readings. This is because the date is based on the date advised in the acceptance note. However, you do have 7 days either side of this date to let us have the readings.

Sorry can't be more positive on this occasion wozza but hope this answers your question.

Malc
bbkrob

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 02:35:12 PM »

PV System Registered with E.ON 29th November and got my FIT agreement today 27th January, clearly stating reading dates and submission process, email or phone.

Noted that I have 10 days to return the signed agreement then noticed the date on the letter, 20th January! That's last Friday!

On my way to the post right now (using Royal Mail Signed For!), although the Ts & Cs say 10 working days.

I'll be glad to get all the paperwork completed! Its also a nice sunny day and the panels are doing their job!
wozza

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 04:18:26 PM »

Hi wozza

Sorry for the late reply. Have been out of the office for a couple of days.

I've just spoken to our FIT team and am afraid it's not possible to change the date of the quarterly meter readings. This is because the date is based on the date advised in the acceptance note. However, you do have 7 days either side of this date to let us have the readings.

Sorry can't be more positive on this occasion wozza but hope this answers your question.

Malc

Hi Malc, no probs and thanks for the reply.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: