navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
UK's most popular Renewable Energy Forum November 26, 2014, 02:42:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Masterlog software  (Read 1654 times)
GeoffM

« on: February 17, 2012, 09:01:00 AM »

So I now have this running on a persistent connection to my PC.

I have no manual and very little solar/electrical knowledge so I'm not sure what I can do with the data. Uploading it to the web is a low priority for me, being able to see what I'm generating at any point in time would be cool to show to friends, but I think what I really am most interested in is keeping a daily log of some of the data. How do I go about this?

I can see in Database there is a button to output to xml or CSV, and I can cope with doing that, and importing into Excel or something. But I only have 1 day of data on the screen (which I can adjust) and I think this is all it exports. The First and Last buttons just highlight the first and last rows on the screen and there appears to be no next Page. It would be useful to have a Dump database function or similar to get all the data out in one go.

Is there somewhere I can get a description of what the columns mean? I guess Eday is cumulative output that day, Total is total output since install (which btw is 2 wotsits different from my meter!) but which of the other columns would be interesting to monitor over time?
supremetwo

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 09:12:15 PM »

I can see in Database there is a button to output to xml or CSV, and I can cope with doing that, and importing into Excel or something.
Is there somewhere I can get a description of what the columns mean?

See some notes in the other thread:- http://www.navitron.org.uk/forum/index.php/topic,16202.msg188716.html#msg188716

Being able to  export the entire myLogData.sdf as csv rather than just one day is an issue that I have raised as there was a button in a previous version to do that. However, once you get to know Masterlog, you will see that you can do most anything with an individual graph from its own database.

Regarding the headings in the database pane: U and I pv are the dc voltages of the panels.
Upv is graphed by default as it's useful to detect shading issues. http://www.navitron.org.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15992.msg182849.html#msg182849
Fac is frequency to 2 decimal places.
Uac, Iac and Pact are the ac values of the inverter.
Etot is the total kWh from the inverter and Eday is the daily in Wh
Temp is the inverter heat sink temperature.
H_on is inverter running hours in seconds
E_int is the Wh since your last reading.

Clicking a menu heading will sort that column up or down.

There is a right click menu on any of the graphs to save an image for you to copy to your clipboard or 'save as' and then email.

Left click and drawing a box enables you to select any particular portion of a graph and zoom in. (If you have done that, the unzoom in the right click menu will not be greyed).

Leave the programme running in status, rather than database or history and be aware that you might lose logging if your computer is set to hibernate rather than screensaver.

There is a quirk in history recovery, but this method works fine:-

Click history then day or month at the top.

Click on a past day via the calendar arrows.

Then click day in the left menu pane and it should open that day.

If you then click month and it will show all the days in a past month, similarly year will show all the past months.

To get back to the current day, just click history again.

* Headings 1.jpg (7.98 KB, 941x26 - viewed 674 times.)

* Feb1.jpg (103.05 KB, 1035x663 - viewed 715 times.)

* Date1.jpg (21.06 KB, 480x252 - viewed 694 times.)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 09:41:26 PM by supremetwo » Logged

GeoffM

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 01:28:08 AM »

Excellent, thank you.

Does anyone have a way to get their data to their mobile phone (or anywhere else e.g. pvoutput) in real time please?

Also watching the other thread re exporting the data to PVoutput.
wim2003

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 07:43:06 PM »

Thanks a lot for the explanation.

Best regards Wim  Smiley
GeoffM

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 09:50:33 AM »

So on Wednesday I didn't turn on the computer till the sun was dying. Somehow the day shows as 60W, and recovering lost data doesn't change that. Also deleted the records I could see in the database, which wasn't many.

How can I reset Wednesday, or is it a hand job, so to speak? :-)
supremetwo

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 10:29:35 AM »

Masterlog should pick up a day's total at any time as long as the inverter is running when you switch on the programme and your com port connects.

recovering lost data doesn't change that. How can I reset Wednesday, or is it a hand job, so to speak? :-)

Did you use settings menu - restore days?

Check on the inverter display itself that past days totals have been stored.

If restore days does not work (should not affect the rest of the database), it is possible to enter manually.

http://www.navitron.org.uk/forum/index.php/topic,16202.msg197759.html#msg197759
http://www.navitron.org.uk/forum/index.php/topic,16202.msg188716.html#msg188716
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 10:33:44 AM by supremetwo » Logged

GeoffM

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 12:14:21 PM »

Thanks - restore days didn't see anything missing. I suspect it wasn;t on when I started the computer, but why it told me 60W is a mystery.

I really only use it now to grab the daily totals to poke into a spreadsheet, and I'm going up to see the inverter shortly (to put a fan on it) so will get the figure from there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: