navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
UK's most popular Renewable Energy Forum November 01, 2014, 03:03:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: design for a staw bale building  (Read 736 times)
lenten

« on: April 08, 2012, 03:08:42 PM »

hi all my first post---i want to build a simple one storey- one room building--interior dimensions of 9.6 x 4.8 metres --ceiling hieght aproximately 2.4 to 2.7  with a low pitch roof and a front veranda with a roof overhang of about 1.4 metres----i would like to get the door and  as many windows as possible in the front---the building is for communal use for a small campsite----first question----does anyone know how many bales from a corner before i can insert my first window and how many bales between windows?---i am only in the planning stage at the moment---any help would be appreciated-----------------------regards lenten----p.s. anyone want to chip in with any other advice please do
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 03:19:43 PM by lenten » Logged
Amy

Karma Queen !

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 04:29:46 PM »

Hi and welcome

Have you looked in google?
http://www.strawbale-building.co.uk/index.php?page=database

Thank God for Charles Darwin. Another voice of sanity in this God forsaken world.
www.amy-artimis.blogspot.com/
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 07:56:03 PM »

Ah,,Amy,
          You look charming and more youthfull than ever,, whistlie
                                                          Biff angel                 

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
RobNute

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 10:02:15 PM »

This site from New Zealand is worth a look.

http://www.ecobob.co.nz/Search.aspx?cx=partner-pub-2866927009646233%3A3173640137&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=straw+bale&sa.x=0&sa.y=0&siteurl=www.ecobob.co.nz%2FGoogle_Search.htm&ref=www.ecobob.co.nz%2FEcoArticle%2F2322%2F0%2F7-Day-Straw-Bale-Home-Design-Construction-Workshop.aspx

Rob
lenten

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 10:01:58 PM »

thanks all----looked around various sites and it seems for a load bearing straw bale building i need 1 whole bale from corner to the first opening and 1 whole bale between  openings----now to think about roof shape----regards lenten
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 10:03:47 PM by lenten » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: