navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
UK's most popular Renewable Energy Forum December 19, 2014, 06:12:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EPC test  (Read 1075 times)
Kombi

« on: April 01, 2012, 10:49:31 AM »

Hello all,

I am trying to find the assessment sheet used when doing an EPC audit but could not find anything on the net. Or not where I looked at least. Does anyone has a link to some info?
supremetwo

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 11:45:27 AM »

I used:-

http://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/In-your-home/Home-Energy-Check

http://hec.est.org.uk/

Kombi

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 05:20:33 PM »

Thanks.
I tried the link but it just takes me to a Home check with no results at the end. What I am after is the assessment sheet so that I can have a precise idea of what is being assessed and what the scores are.
brackwell

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 05:59:15 PM »

Is this what you were looking for?  http://www.bre.co.uk/filelibrary/SAP/2009/SAP-2009_9-90.pdf

Ken
RIT

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 06:40:22 PM »

LOL just tried the energy saving trust site and its 'improvements' are that I should purchase an insulating jacket for my hot water - shame I told it that I did not have a hot water tank. It also said I should purchase insulation for my flat roof - I told it that I have a pitch roof with 300mm+ of insulation installed.

The final report is even better it comes up with an estimated values of income/energy from the PV panels I have without ever asking their size!
Kombi

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 07:58:43 PM »

Thanks Ken. Yes that's looking like it. But does the assessment for the EPC requires full SAP calculations or does it use an simplified version?

Nicolas
itsnewtome

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 08:10:43 PM »

I'm led to believe there is a new EPC certificate starting as of today (I suspect tomorrow). I think they score it in a different way.
M

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 10:35:59 PM »

I've just run the EST EPC test, and I'm quite surprised.

Firstly, they got it spot on for me, recommending better heating controls, as I have TRV's and a programmer, but no general thermostat - so fair call I think. Secondly they pointed out that my 14 year old boiler, whilst probably reasonable, isn't as good as a modern day boiler, pretty much what I've heard elsewhere.

They did estimate my bills a little high at nearly 1,000 (more like 700), but maybe that's down to the ski socks and fleecy top I wear during cold weather, and general acclimatisation now to a cooler house.

What I'm really surprised at though, is that it's suggesting that my 1930's semi is a B with the potential to be an A (with the above changes). Now I've tried hard, low energy bulbs, cavity wall insulation, loft floor and loft ceiling insulated, no heating in conservatory etc, but I was expecting a D at best. I thought such properties weren't really very good in comparison to modern standards? Are they being a little generous?

Mart.

Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (2.4kWp SB2500HF ESE + 1.18kWp SB1200 ESE + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
wookey

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 12:27:35 AM »

Kombi ECP is calculated using 'RdSAP', or reduced SAP. It's a simplified version. In the same doc though, I think?

Wookey
Kombi

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 10:22:14 PM »

I'm not sure but that what I'd like to find out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: