navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
UK's most popular Renewable Energy Forum September 02, 2014, 12:25:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: A plea from The David School - Issue 18 | Installers of the Month - 2014 | Spreading Solar to Schools Across the UK
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EVA film  (Read 1468 times)
kernelpower

« on: October 15, 2012, 12:37:05 PM »

Any UK suppliers selling EVA film?

Had a quick look on Ebay only US and Chinese suppliers.

Thanks

Gav
supremetwo

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 02:58:51 PM »

Try:-

http://www.barrierfilm.co.uk/EVA%20PE%20%20films.html

splyn

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 05:07:32 PM »

If the EVA film is for encapsulating solar cells then make sure you only use film designed for the purpose, particularly in their resistance to UV - there were a lot of problems in the early years of solar panels with the encapsulation discolouring (going brown) after exposure to strong sunlight and temperatures. Might not be so much of a problem in the UK's cloudy, lukewarm summers though! The link supplied by supremetwo didn't say anything about UV so I'd be careful. PVB films (polyvinyl butyral), used in laminated glass, are also used in solar panels.

DuPont naturally make some high grade products: http://www2.dupont.com/Photovoltaics/en_US/products_services/encapsulant/elvax_eva_resins.html

If you buy cheap Chinese film via Ebay with no specifications then its caveat emptor signofcross

Of course if you want something to wrap your sandwiches in then there are other things to worry about ...
PaulOckenden

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 06:57:21 AM »

Why would I want to cover my solar panels in cling film?

P.
M

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 09:07:22 AM »

Why would I want to cover my solar panels in cling film?

P.

It helps to keep the electricity fresher for longer.

Mart.

Cardiff: 5.6kWp PV - (2.4kWp SB2500HF ESE + 1.2kWp SB1200 ESE + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 09:20:22 AM »

hysteria,
       This early,,and you are cheery already mart,
                                  Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: