navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Investigation into Meters Running Backwards  (Read 11350 times)
dan_b

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2013, 09:20:50 AM »

What was your actual consumption vs their estimate?

3.06kWp SolarEdge system with a split array:
2.18kWp 10x South facing, plus 4x West facing 880W

Mk1 ImmerSUN DHW diverter
4kW PowerVault Battery
mike-b-

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2013, 01:00:02 PM »

pre install it would have been 2200kwh per year . 

10x230 yingli +aurora2000 ,woodburner, 5x250 hyundia +sunnyboy 1200, bio burning motor. i waste nothing everything is useful i just havent found a use for it yet!
mike-b-

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2013, 12:41:08 AM »

just thought i would update

email sent to elec provider ,via wifes works email because it tellls her if it been reiceved and or read. it hasnt

but we have since had a revised bill all previous readings/bills cancelled back to march 2011. with the most recent reading used for billing march 2013 extrahappy

my back spinner is now just dipped lower than march 2011 install read again!!!!! sh*tfan

i will be the first to admit i am not the brightest  bulb in the fitting but its getting a we bit confusing and it is a duel fuel contract which dose not help matters surrender

i know you are dying to know 180 ish for 2 years g+l whistlie

10x230 yingli +aurora2000 ,woodburner, 5x250 hyundia +sunnyboy 1200, bio burning motor. i waste nothing everything is useful i just havent found a use for it yet!
skyewright

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2013, 02:39:16 PM »

email sent to elec provider ,via wifes works email because it tellls her if it been reiceved and or read. it hasnt
Probably "Message Disposition Notification" (MDN)?

If so, just because you haven't received one doesn't mean it hasn't been received & read. Whether or not you get a response to a request for an MDN is down to the facilities and settings in the mail software at the other end...

Regards
David
3.91kWp PV  (17 x Moser Baer 230 and Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-S-UK), slope 40, WSW, Lat 57 9' (Isle of Skye)
mike-b-

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2013, 11:09:03 PM »

thanks for info skyewright i am not very computer savvy.

riseabdn

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2013, 09:49:52 PM »

I have seen some disks spin backwards however the numbers hit the back-stop after a tiny turn of the 0.1kWh dial.

Some DNO's forms ask you to tick a box if the meter is spinning backwards, others pick it up from the model & make you submit.  That said, the back-stop can break as ive had customers who's meters never go backwards (not due to high demand) then suddenly they notice it doing it.

Some suppliers have poor records of meter makes and model, especially if there has been chopping and changing between the old DNO's.   I friend of mine has two meters under one MPAN number and he got 6 months of free electricity on one meter (the farm one) as his new supplier refused to believe one MPAN could have two meters!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: