navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone running lux AC inverter, or Tesla powerwall  (Read 4738 times)
Tinkering

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2019, 10:26:53 AM »

the UPS is handy if you ever need it in the UK, only bad thing I find about them is the zero export function doesn't stop the unit form exporting power (up to 0.7 Kwh per day seems to go back to the grid when it could be charging my batteries which I do find really annoying).

That's curious - my recently fitted LXP 3600 ACS persistently imports about 60 watts while charging and discharging the batteries. Clearly when they're full then it has no choice but to start exporting, but I would rather the otherwise permanent import was a little lower! Sadly it doesn't seem to be configurable Sad

Could easily be manufacturing intolerances as to how much they import/export, or maybe the hybrids are slightly different from my simpler ACS model.

I have the same unit as you with 5 batteries and was having the same problem where it would still import power when there was clearly enough power left in the batteries or i was providing sufficient solar power,
so i played around with some of the settings and found that by changing the Reactive power CMD type setting to 5-over reactive Power (percent) to 50% this reduced my average import from the grid from 800-900 watts a day to 200-300 plus
any power used over the 3.6kw output limit.

I don't have a problem with it over exporting as i generate far more than i can use at the moment.

* Luxpower Grid connect settings.JPG (107.96 KB, 1740x595 - viewed 454 times.)
Caesium

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2019, 03:01:44 PM »

That's good to know - this is one of the settings on the Lux page I didn't dare tinker with as I didn't have the faintest idea what it meant so you're braver than me Smiley

Was 50% the best setting you found? Going any lower than 50% didn't help any further?

Have you noticed any other effects of changing this or does it just seem to tweak to import/export power?

3.99kWp Solar PV :: LXP3600ACS + 14.4kWh Pylontech US2000
LXP & Pylontech Ruby Comms Library
Tinkering

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2019, 08:01:28 PM »

I tried going lower but you are correct it didn't seem to improve the import level.

and i haven't noticed any differences in the operation of the system at all..

I am probably going to attend the Solar and Storage show next week and hope to
get an explanation of all the settings then.

I went last year to try and make a decision which battery system to choose and
Found the Luxpower system and after an impressive demo thats the one i decided to
choose and purchased one as soon as they were available.

I liked the way you can change the settings in a browser and or via their app which
unlike the system i was looking at which meant a visit to loft every time i wanted to
change to the charge times etc..

overall very impressed with the unit.

Solarchaser

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2019, 11:19:41 PM »

Just wondering if trying the settings above solved the issues?
So I know if I can just copy them when I get mine.
Val33

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2019, 08:02:48 AM »

Anyone care to share their settings for the LUX AC? I am struggling to set up for time shifting power. I'm on Octopus Agile and in the winter months I want the unit to charge at the cheap rate and only start discharging to the house from 4pm. 

I had assumed that setting it to charge from 00.30 until 15.59hrs would have worked, but as soon as the batteries are full it starts discharging! As any owner will know, the 'Maintain' pages are rather cryptic! Some screenshots of working settings would be great.

Thanks
scobo

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2019, 02:56:39 PM »

Anyone care to share their settings for the LUX AC? I am struggling to set up for time shifting power. I'm on Octopus Agile and in the winter months I want the unit to charge at the cheap rate and only start discharging to the house from 4pm.  

I had assumed that setting it to charge from 00.30 until 15.59hrs would have worked, but as soon as the batteries are full it starts discharging! As any owner will know, the 'Maintain' pages are rather cryptic! Some screenshots of working settings would be great.

Thanks

Did you get this working ?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 04:42:09 PM by scobo » Logged

System size : 2.88kw
Panels : 12xREC 240W
Inverter : Fronius IG30
Live output : http://pvoutput.org/intraday.jsp?id=8689&sid=7055
4.8kwh Pylontech batteries & Lux ac controller
Renault Zoe 40kwh R110
Zappi 2 EV charger
Arduino immersion controller
scobo

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2019, 06:36:36 PM »

I have the same unit as you with 5 batteries and was having the same problem where it would still import power when there was clearly enough power left in the batteries or i was providing sufficient solar power,
so i played around with some of the settings and found that by changing the Reactive power CMD type setting to 5-over reactive Power (percent) to 50% this reduced my average import from the grid from 800-900 watts a day to 200-300 plus
any power used over the 3.6kw output limit.

I don't have a problem with it over exporting as i generate far more than i can use at the moment.

Just had our Lux installed today and was seeing import of around 40watts.
Changed that setting and the import is now completely eliminated so thanks for that.  

Edit : Doesn't seem to work when pv is charging the batts and they're not discharging. Still getting 30-40watts import.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 10:17:45 AM by scobo » Logged

Renault Zoe 40kwh R110
Zappi 2 EV charger
scobo

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2020, 11:34:17 AM »

I contacted Think Renewables this week who sold me the Lux controller and they updated the firmware which they said should reduce the amount of import. Apparently, the latest firmware improves the sampling.
It seems to have reduced the import while discharging to around 20watts or less but we're still importing 60watts while the battery is charging from surplus pv.
I'll keep an eye on it for a few more days before contacting Think Renewables again.
Still no further forward with trying to make sense of some of the more cryptic settings.

Renault Zoe 40kwh R110
Zappi 2 EV charger
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: