navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DECC give early adopters a break - important - please read!  (Read 26997 times)
noah

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 09:14:25 AM »

If this goes through it is great news.
However, it does not address what is going to happen to self build post 1st April and I hope we can keep the pressure up to force the pols to accept an englishman`s inalieniable right to mess around with greasy machinery.
noah

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 01:14:47 PM »

Just this minute had a phone call from DECC who say that there is NO change in policy and Ivans good news is incorrect.
Comment?
Paulh_Boats

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 01:37:38 PM »

Just this minute had a phone call from DECC who say that there is NO change in policy and Ivans good news is incorrect.
Comment?

Noah,
Who did you speak with?

As Ivan said the amendment needs Common approval so it is technically correct that today there is no change in policy... but clearly there could be in a few days time.

"Send three and fourpence we are going to a dance"  Grin - for the oldies amongst us.

cheers
Paul

30 tube thermal,
2.3kW PV see:
http://www.solarmanpv.com/portal/Terminal/TerminalMain.aspx?come=Public&pid=17067

LED lighting in every room
NO tumble dryer, +370 kWh per year
noah

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 01:52:49 PM »

Paul
Left a message for Laura Missingham, got a reply from a Gerry Gavigan. Lets hope that the are keeping schtum on this until it gets Commons approval. However being in a sort of schrodinger state is a real bind. Best to carry on as if no changes have been mooted until we can get some certainty.
Ivan, how good is your source?
brackwell

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2010, 02:42:50 PM »

Filling out OFGEM form for accreditation requires details of the import/export meter.  As yet i do not have one and see little possibility of getting one quick. Does any one know different/quick way.   Isit possible to get one fitted privately?   Without meter-no accreditation-no roc-no fits !!!

Ken
StBarnabas

St Barnabas Chapel (2009)

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2010, 02:50:06 PM »

Hi Ken

I just have just a total generation meter at present and havn't gotten around to having an export meter fitted. I just provided the serial number of my import meter (standard house meter) which OFGEM were happy with. There were no queries at all on my application just a letter stating I had been registered after about 4 1/2 months.

sean

Gestis Censere. 40x47mm DHW with TDC3. 3kW ASHP, 9kW GSHP, 3kW Navitron PV with Platinum 3100S GTI, 6.5kW WBS, 5 chickens. FMY 2009.
linesrg

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2010, 03:23:09 PM »

Good Afternoon,

I have just received this from Malcolm Bruce's Parliamentary Secretary.

Dear Mr Lines,

Thank you very much for your emails which I know Rob has been following up on.  As mentioned Malcolm had been hoping to secure a debate on the broader issues of home energy efficiency and fuel poverty.  I am delighted to inform you that we have been successful and Malcolm hopes to raise the points you have made (non attributable) in the course of the debate.

You may be interested to know that he is also to sign a parliamentary motion, Early Day Motion 953 which was tabled by his Liberal Democrat colleague Alistair Carmichael.

EDM 953

FEED-IN-TARRIFS, MICRO-GENERATORS AND CLEAN ENERGY CASH-BACK SCHEMES

Carmichael, Alistair

That this House notes the pioneering contribution that those households and businesses which have installed micro-generation capacity have made in driving forward the UK's development of its own feed-in-tariff policy; further notes that under the Government's Clean Energy Cash-Back scheme new feed-in-tariff payment rates of up to 41.3 pence per kilowatt hour will only apply to new generators which installed their technology after 15 July 2009 and that those businesses and homes which installed their technology before 15 July 2009 will only receive nine pence per kilowatt hour; calls on the Government to recognise the innovation and dynamism of those people who, in breaking new ground in this area, have helped it deliver the Clean Energy Cash-Back scheme; and further calls on the Government to reward those people at the same level as those installing micro-generation capacity for the first time after 1 April 2010.

I will send you a copy of the debate once it is available (probably on Thursday).

Best wishes,

Alex

Alexandra Hernández
Senior Researcher to Rt Hon Malcolm Bruce MP
Chair of the International Development Select Committee
T: 020 7219 6233
F: 020 7219 2334
E: hernandeza@parliament.uk
W. www.malcolmbruce.org.uk

1.28kW on a Lorentz ETATRACK1000 + 1.44kW/ SB3000TL-21 (FIT), 1.28kW/ SB1700 (ROO/FIT). CTC GSi12 heat pump/Ecosol/Flowbox 8010e/Gledhill ASL0085 EHS/3off Navitron 4720AL Solar ET & Immersun T1060/T1070/T1090. 3.375kW/ SMA SB3600TL-21 and a Sunny Island 4.4M-12 c/w 15.2kWh battery and a Renault Zoe.
CeeBee

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2010, 03:29:05 PM »

Filling out OFGEM form for accreditation requires details of the import/export meter.  As yet i do not have one and see little possibility of getting one quick. Does any one know different/quick way.   Isit possible to get one fitted privately?   Without meter-no accreditation-no roc-no fits !!!

I concur with Sean. Unless OFGEM have changed things, then only the total generation meter is compulsory, since that's the one that ROCs and FITs are based on. I didn't have an export meter when I signed up for ROCs, and it's really nothing to do with OFGEM whether you have one or not. They can always be sent an update to the schematic diagram later if you get one.

My export meter was fitted some months later by the local DNO after request from Southern Electric. With the paltry rate for export being proposed in the present FITs proposals, and export meter is less relevant. And as I've said elsewhere, the low export rate just encourages use of the energy on site, rather than promoting reduction in energy use.

Paulh_Boats

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2010, 03:35:37 PM »

Thanks All,

Should I send Alistair Carmichael's response to my MP? He is a greenie and has sent me many letters regarding renewables, including a letter signed by DECC  Minister Joan Rudduck when I asked him to justify the 3rd Heathrow runway in the context of the Climate Change Bill (80% reduction by 2050). I want to nudge him to vote for our cause.

-cheers
Paul

EDIT: Send that reply to my MP (Gloucester) asking for him to vote for Early Day Motion 953
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 03:53:34 PM by Paulh_Boats » Logged

30 tube thermal,
2.3kW PV see:
http://www.solarmanpv.com/portal/Terminal/TerminalMain.aspx?come=Public&pid=17067

LED lighting in every room
NO tumble dryer, +370 kWh per year
ecogeorge
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2010, 06:42:58 PM »

EDM 953

FEED-IN-TARRIFS, MICRO-GENERATORS AND CLEAN ENERGY CASH-BACK SCHEMES

Carmichael, Alistair

That this House notes the pioneering contribution that those households and businesses which have installed micro-generation capacity have made in driving forward the UK's development of its own feed-in-tariff policy; further notes that under the Government's Clean Energy Cash-Back scheme new feed-in-tariff payment rates of up to 41.3 pence per kilowatt hour will only apply to new generators which installed their technology after 15 July 2009 and that those businesses and homes which installed their technology before 15 July 2009 will only receive nine pence per kilowatt hour; calls on the Government to recognise the innovation and dynamism of those people who, in breaking new ground in this area, have helped it deliver the Clean Energy Cash-Back scheme; and further calls on the Government to reward those people at the same level as those installing micro-generation capacity for the first time after 1 April 2010.

I too have forwarded this to my mp Mark Harper urging him to support it.
Nicedad

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2010, 07:12:15 PM »

Spoke with a nice young lady at Scottish and Southern this afternoon.

She seems to be under the impression that my install doesn't need to be by an MCS accredited installer. As long as its been commissioned after 15th July 2009 and before 1st April 2010.

So I'm going ahead with an application through them. She is emailing me the application forms tomorrow morning. They will be fitting a new dual purpose electricity (import and export) meter next Wednesday free of charge and will help with the application. I have Atlantic Electric and Gas as my existing supplier so thats going to speed things up as well.       

Nicedad

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2010, 07:34:20 PM »

Notwithstanding my application I do agree with Noah about the right of us (non MCS accredited installers) to install and even presumably adapt existing systems post 1st April.

noah

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2010, 07:41:13 PM »

Had an email today from Stephen De souza at DECC. No sign of any rethink on MCS accreditation.
Alan
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2010, 08:02:51 PM »

Quote “As yet i do not have one and see little possibility of getting one quick. Does any one know different/quick way.   Isit possible to get one fitted privately “

Import / Export meters.

Ordered two on Sunday night. £38.00 each

http://universalmeterservices.co.uk/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20&products_id=68

Arrived this morning. You have the serial number for registering with OFGEM

Regards

Alan
linesrg

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2010, 08:30:27 PM »

nicedad,

Is that the same nice lady I talk to as well - Liz?? I'm the same as you in that I'm an Atlantic customer now under S&S. I don't know whether it is S&S policy or the likes of Liz herself that appear to be willing to turn something of a blind eye to certain aspects of the red tape.

Regards

Richard

1.28kW on a Lorentz ETATRACK1000 + 1.44kW/ SB3000TL-21 (FIT), 1.28kW/ SB1700 (ROO/FIT). CTC GSi12 heat pump/Ecosol/Flowbox 8010e/Gledhill ASL0085 EHS/3off Navitron 4720AL Solar ET & Immersun T1060/T1070/T1090. 3.375kW/ SMA SB3600TL-21 and a Sunny Island 4.4M-12 c/w 15.2kWh battery and a Renault Zoe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: