navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heat pumps and FIT's  (Read 1611 times)
sunandwindy

« on: April 06, 2010, 06:52:20 PM »

I briefly spoke to a sales rep of a company who sell heat pumps for domestic use the other day. The guy was giving me all sorts of bull about his systems and FIT's. One of his comments was to rubbish 'Good Energy' (The company who purchase green energy off micro generators) as he claimed they had got it all wrong and are giving out duff info about new and existing generators being on vastly different tariffs (He claimed they're all on the same rate, which they're not, especially if you have had a generating system for a while). Anyway he also claimed I would be eligible for a FIT payment if I purchased a heat pump system to provide heating for domestic hot water and central heating???

I thought you can only get a FIT payments (leaving the installation date to one side for a moment) if you actually generate power, am I correct?

If your able to get a FIT for a heat pump system, how on earth is is calculated?

Hopefully someone can clear this up for me please?

TIA

Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 08:38:59 PM »

He is talking about the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) which is a new scheme that DECC have as a proposal under consultation until April 26th which will (or might not given the election) come into force from 1st April 2011.

The proposal is that a deemed value would be calculated for a property that would calculate the theoretical heat demand and pay a figure based on that.

All wrapped up in MCS accreditation eligibility criteria.

See http://www.decc.gov.uk/en/content/cms/consultations/rhi/rhi.aspx

Volunteer moderator
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: