navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Conserative and renewable As bad as we/I initially thought?  (Read 2849 times)
Mankysteve

« on: May 12, 2010, 09:20:40 PM »

The Conservatives meanwhile promised to increase the maximum size of projects eligible for feed-in tariff payments to 10MW to encourage communities to invest in, and benefit from, renewable energy.
They also pledged to reverse the current situation where those pioneers who have already installed renewable electricity systems are excluded from the full tariff payments, giving owners the option of repaying any original grants in return for inclusion in the FiT scheme.

http://newenergyfocus.com/do/ecco/view_item?listid=1&listcatid=32&listitemid=3869&section=Policy
Kombi

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 04:26:47 PM »

Personally I am more interested in the promess from the Lib Dem to increase FIT payments...
Ancient Brewer

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 05:07:29 PM »

In other news - people allowed to print their own currency at home help
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 05:24:13 PM by Ancient Brewer » Logged
climber

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 05:06:34 PM »

I'm sure the Conservatives will be more than happy to help out those who can afford to install large systems which qualify for the FiT.

I know of plenty of very wealthy landowners who have recently installed systems which qualify for 1000's per anum of FiT payments.

They certainly aint doin' it for the environment - plenty of Range Rover Sport/Landcruiser/Audi Q7 etc. owners among them.

Meanwhile, electricity prices continue to soar, and those who cannot afford an MCS approved installation lose out.

8 x SolarWorld 245W Mono Black Panels and Power One PVI-2000 Inverter (FIT)
4 x Solar Kinve 235 W Panels and Growatt 1000S Inverter (Non FIT!!!)
Flamethrower_

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 05:46:36 PM »

Following this thread I came across an interesting article whilst trawling the web comparing wind vs PV some points of interest with regard to FITs so I thought I would post the link

http://tranquilityhouses.org.uk/wordpress/category/solar-pv/
linesrg

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 08:27:51 AM »

Good Morning All,

Firstly does anybody know how and when the new coalition will address the subject of 'legacy' renewable energy installations?

I haven't fully read the Solar PV briefing note from the above posting and am printing it currently so that I can.

I do have an observation on the subject of best investment though. We were taking the boys to rugby at Aboyne on Saturday and drove down the road about 1 1/2miles to the 'T' junction and were confronted by three brand new turbines which weren't erected 2 weeks ago. It does explain the parts I saw being transported through Inverurie 3 weeka go now though. We were speaking to our 'neighbour' from Clatt about it at the rugby and it is a private investment and the Clatt residents were told they wouldn't be able to see them!!

I made the point with our neighbour (local BT engineer that fitted the telephone comms to this new wind turbine installation) that I would love to invest in such schemes but that there didn't appear to be an easy avenue for people to invest in such schemes. He seems keen to do the same and has money to invest if the returns are right but seems to believe that the nationally derived figures for wind would apply to the piece of land he owns immediately adjacent to their property. I pointed out that he needed to do some actual measurements on site or talk to our local firm Energy Renewed.

I know not everybody on this forum will have money to invest but given the relatively reliable returns on such an investment in comparison to the financial markets it seems a shame there isn't an easy route to getting involved.

Regards

Richard

1.28kW on a Lorentz ETATRACK1000 + 1.44kW/ SB3000TL-21 (FIT), 1.28kW/ SB1700 (ROO/FIT). CTC GSi12 heat pump/Ecosol/Flowbox 8010e/Gledhill ASL0085 EHS/3off Navitron 4720AL Solar ET & Immersun T1060/T1070/T1090. 3.375kW/ SMA SB3600TL-21 and a Sunny Island 4.4M-12 c/w 15.2kWh battery and a Renault Zoe.
Mankysteve

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 02:51:24 AM »

There have been noises that either want to scrap mcs accreditation all together, or more likely allow pre fits non Mcs installs in.
Tbh I don't trust this government entirely. Cameron just going for the blame everything on the previous government and act like the nice guy before the massive cuts in either waiting for the infighting in the labour party leader campaign and call another generally election that he thinks he can win with a majority then the toryies can do as they like.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: