navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sterling Vs Victron  (Read 15214 times)
peter999

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 03:50:24 PM »

My silverline 2kw 12v inverter runs LED CFL,S no problem and has done so all winter no problems

regards Peter
Billy
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 04:25:08 PM »

I haven't seen them in real life but I may consider these when the Siemens breaks down.

www.thecanalshopwhilton.co.uk/html/washing_machines.html

Billy

Grin Grin Grin
Amy

Karma Queen !

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2010, 06:04:19 PM »

Amy the inverter is a key part of your system so I would buy the BEST inverter YOUR budget can AFFORD it will pay dividends later!!

regards Peter

The inverter for the lights small loads could be a modified sine wave as opposed to pure sinewave this quaters the price!

I will run the 12v LEDs direct from the batts, so will the bathroom, kitchen and engine room fans.

I will have to run a small inverter for phone charging, Tv Radio, laptop etc so that needs to be a very stable pure sine.

Interesting what Billy says about his 3000w beast not being used much.
im sure with the inverted load being split between a large and small unit, the large one doesnt need to be as big as 3000w, but could problably get away with a 2500w instead, just for the occasional wash, vaccume and microwave, oh, and hair dryer although I dont even use that much, or indeed the iron these days.

Thank God for Charles Darwin. Another voice of sanity in this God forsaken world.
www.amy-artimis.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: