navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help! Cut-off dates.  (Read 1798 times)
evan

« on: June 02, 2010, 09:32:31 AM »

Hi all, bit confused here.

We have a very small hydro system, grid-connected between between 15th July 2009 and 1st April 2010.  
DIY, no grant involved.
Not MCS.
Did apply for ROCs before 1st April 2010.  
Proper meter installed.

Good Energy are saying that if it was installed after 15th July 2009 it has to be MCS to qualify for FIT.

The EST website doesn't make things much clearer: "If your installation wasnít MCS certified and you didnít contact Ofgem by 31st March 2010 to apply for Renewables Obligation accreditation then you wonít be eligible for FITs".  Triple negative.  Is the converse true?

http://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/Generate-your-own-energy/Sell-your-own-energy/Feed-in-Tariff-Clean-Energy-Cashback-scheme

Can anyone decode this or suggest a better source of info?
What the right answer to give to Good Energy?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 01:32:48 PM by evan » Logged
Richard Owen

Navitron PV Installer

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 08:35:21 AM »

I have a similar situation to you; a small hydro plant installed between July 2009 and April 2010.

The process I went through was to register with Ofgen as a supplier.

Good energy are happy with this for FITs.

The question (I think you have to ask of Ofgen) is, is your registering for Rocs equivalent to you registering as a generator for FITs purposes?

If the answer is, Yes, you can then forward that to Good Energy.

Sorry not to be more help.

44 Yingli 230Wp panels feeding into 2x Solar Edge SE5000 inverters.
20x 58mm SE, 20x 58mm SW, Solar Thermal feeding 320l thermal store.
10kW heat pump.
300W of Hydro Power.
evan

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 10:13:53 AM »

Thank you very much Richard.   I just hope it isn't another thing which had to be done by 31st of March...
ScottMcLean

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 05:26:40 PM »

Given that there was no MCS accreditatrion for hydro installers until the transition criteria were recently published (i.e. it is still not firmed up) you couldn't have been MCS certified anyway so it is a moot point about the dates. Same applies for the products by the way although the transition criteria was published earlier. So, you need to hold your ground and say that you couldn't be MCS accredited because that was simply not possible at the time. However, the fact that it was DIY may cause you a problem as they will probablu only transition Clear Sky accredited installations. Good Energy are unlikely to be able to help you though as this is really something MCS and Ofgem need to agree on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: