navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to view an off-grid system  (Read 4818 times)
Kombi

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 12:24:36 PM »

Billi,

I have no precise details on the set up except what has been published in the press release (here). But as the house has no connection to the grid nor to the gas mains that may be the reason why.
Is that Dutch system even going to work?
That's the purpose of the trial, to see if it can work in real life.

There is one thing which is unclear. On one hand they say the battery bank has a capacity of 300kWh but the diagram shows a bank of 48v 3500Ah so something does not tally up.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 12:35:31 PM by Kombi » Logged
camillitech

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2010, 08:15:15 AM »

Morning Theleos,

I've lived off grid longer than most and here's how I do it http://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/2008/01/01/powering-the-house/ It's a couple of years old but basically still the same apart from the addition of a 'Stream Engine'.

Me I love the independence and live in a windy spot with lots of water, but sounds like your mates cheapest solution would be a long extension lead from the neighbour (metered of course  police) supplying an inverter charger on the system he already has. If the neighbour is not up for selling power then as Tony suggests a small transformer with even a 20 amp supply would be plenty big enough to supply a large inverter/charger.

He welcome to see my system anytime but we're nowhere near Warwickshire  Grin

Cheers, Paul

http://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/

'Off grid' since 1985,  Proven 2.5kW, Proven 6kW direct heating, SMA SI6.OH, 800ah Rolls, 8kW PV ,4xTS45, Lister HR2 12kW, , Powerspout pelton, Stream Engine turgo, 60 x Navitron toobs and a 1500lt store. Outback VFX3048 and 950ah forklifts for backup,
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: