navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Slaves - the answer!  (Read 4553 times)
Billy
« on: October 10, 2010, 09:15:28 PM »

Save energy, produce a slave - ok, so he's learning the ropes.   facepalm

Billy

extrahappy extrahappy extrahappy

* Slaves.jpg (119.45 KB, 629x370 - viewed 602 times.)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 09:38:08 PM by Billy » Logged
StBarnabas

St Barnabas Chapel (2009)

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 10:55:00 PM »

How much?
Sadly a bit too expensive?

Gestis Censere. 40x47mm DHW with TDC3. 3kW ASHP, 9kW GSHP, 3kW Navitron PV with Platinum 3100S GTI, 6.5kW WBS, 5 chickens. FMY 2009.
Baz

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 11:19:55 PM »

Comes with massive taxpayer subsidies for the first 18 yrs, hence mass produced by unskilled labour.
camillitech

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 06:41:52 AM »

I'm way ahead of you on this one chaps,

that was 9 years ago, you want to see what he can do now, without the whip  Grin

Cheers, Paul

http://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/

'Off grid' since 1985,  Proven 2.5kW, Proven 6kW direct heating, SMA SI6.OH, 800ah Rolls, 9kW PV ,4xTS45, Lister HR2 12kW, , Powerspout pelton, Stream Engine turgo, 60 x Navitron toobs and a 1500lt store. Outback VFX3048 and 950ah forklifts for backup,
Billy
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 10:22:57 AM »

Nah,

This one is second generation, absolutely nothing to do with me (thank doG) and no whip required (yet).   hysteria

Billy

Grin 
Yorkshire Miner

Ex- Yorkshire coal Miner, Animator, Cartoonist.

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 07:24:20 PM »

I'm way ahead of you on this one chaps,

that was 9 years ago, you want to see what he can do now, without the whip  Grin

Cheers, Paul

Seems about par for the course Paul, puts on ear defenders so he doesn't have to listen to the senile babbling of his Dad.

Deep Regards

Dave
JohnS

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 07:50:56 PM »

Two little ones messing around with boats and not a lifejacket in sight.

It is common sense, not elfin saftey.

John - who also used to mess around boats.

2.1kWp solar PV  PHEV West London
camillitech

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 08:42:29 PM »

Two little ones messing around with boats and not a lifejacket in sight.

It is common sense, not elfin saftey.

John - who also used to mess around boats.

Hi John,

I really don't know what happened to the boys jacket in that pic, in the 18 months that he crewed the boat with me and my skipper he always wore it. Perhaps he'd just had his nappy changed or done a pooh and not put it back on yet  Grin

Me, I'd struggle wearing one over the dry suit  Grin and as for my 60 year old fisherman/skipper, he can't even swim but steadfastly refused to wear one.

Cheers, Paul
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 09:20:38 PM by camillitech » Logged

'Off grid' since 1985,  Proven 2.5kW, Proven 6kW direct heating, SMA SI6.OH, 800ah Rolls, 9kW PV ,4xTS45, Lister HR2 12kW, , Powerspout pelton, Stream Engine turgo, 60 x Navitron toobs and a 1500lt store. Outback VFX3048 and 950ah forklifts for backup,
JohnS

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 07:34:08 AM »

Glad to hear that.  And he looks as though he has a fine pair of sealegs.

john

camillitech

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 09:08:13 AM »

Hi John,

the boy was at sea for eighteen months up until he was three, not through choice but through necessity, his low center of gravity made him far better on the deck than my skipper or I  Grin

Personally I always wore a buoyancy vest in preference to a life jacket, I found the padding it afforded useful whilst bending over rails and gunwales. It kept the wind off and was not too hot in summer. My skippers attitude was typical of most of the fishermen in these parts who saw learning to swim or wearing a lifejacket as tempting fate.

Having said that I know of several that have drowned who would have been saved by one, but then had they not been drinking they would not have fallen in the sea. The only sober person I know who drowned at sea was wearing a lifejacket and it didn't go off, another reason why I prefer the buoyancy vest.

Cheers, Paul     

JohnS

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 09:37:42 AM »

Paul,

I agree with you there.  I have often thought that there would be a market for a bouyancy aid/life jacket which was a bouyancy aid when deflated and a life jacket when inflated.  Option for manual/pull cord/fully automatic inflation.

When sailing offshore, harnesses were regularly worn and used but rarely life jackets - mainly only in fog.

John

Billy
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 09:24:24 AM »

Bu$$er me, what loose a slave, at that price, noooo, ba on the water but not off it as it's where we live.  It would be on all the time otherwise and the boy has to learn.  If duffers, will drown.   facepalm  He just has to have ultra supervision and when he does fall in I just make sure he swims to the side and I help him out.  Or he falls in the mud, then we just leave him, too smelly!   flyingpig

Most of the time I will die if I went ob.  I make sure I don't with a lifeline short enough so it won't allow me even over the side until my time comes.

Yeah, doesn't a buoyancy aid with all that foam make good body armour, often put one one when its rough.   extrahappy

Billy

Grin

Baz

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 12:19:49 PM »

Re the duffers reference. Last year before cuts and redundancy we had a work team outing to the Lakes. I made that obvious quote and nobody understood or had read the book. The PC brigade have probably banned it from schools because of the sexist title and the name of one of the characters probably wouldn't get through the forum filters. let's try. Anyone out there call their daughter Titty?
StBarnabas

St Barnabas Chapel (2009)

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 04:30:29 PM »

Baz
JrB not female but we have a Wayfarer and play Swallows and Amazons as much as we can....

Gestis Censere. 40x47mm DHW with TDC3. 3kW ASHP, 9kW GSHP, 3kW Navitron PV with Platinum 3100S GTI, 6.5kW WBS, 5 chickens. FMY 2009.
Brandon

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 10:38:08 PM »

Sean, I thought for a moment there that you had called your son Titty!!

I was raised on the books, and intend to read them to my kids when they are a wee bit older.

changing the world, one roof at a time.

Quality is never an accident; It is always the result of
high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and
skilful execution; It represents the wise choice of many
alternatives.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: