navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Onzo Delivers! - (at last)  (Read 80888 times)
JohnS

« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2012, 07:31:07 PM »

As above, Onzo will probably replace them.  They have had errors with batteries and replaced mine FOC.

Onzos are good but not perfect.  Their downloaded display gives consumption to the nearest kWh only and no calendar week or clendar month totals.

However they do give a week to date (start 0001 monday morning to 2359 sunday evening) and one previous week's monetary total.  I set mine at 10p a unit so I can easily convert the monetary total to a kWh total.

My Onzo underreads by about 15%.

John

2.1kWp solar PV
Buckmaster

« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2012, 01:13:40 AM »

I have one with the dodgy batteries, I removed the battery pack and leave it permanently plugged in to the USB port.  I gets charged a couple of hours a day, goes off when the PC goes off, and 'catches up' , data and time, when it's switched on again.  I can live with that.  I am currently playing with the --debug option, as described on page 3 of this forum.  My results are completely different to those described (mine is a SEK, firmware 5826).  If I make progress deciphering the data being transferred I will post it.  Unless hex now uses all available characters, I guess the data chunks must be binary, so they may take a while to sort.   
Automan

« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2012, 12:01:20 PM »

My one just now has three ordinary AA Duracell's in it.

It works fine on these but I suspect they may only last a couple of months.

The unit knows not to try and charge them as the extra connection from the custom battery pack is not made.

Automan.
Dames

« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2012, 04:40:13 PM »

For some reason mine doesn't want to work on the usb with no battery pack in. Having lost the manual , how do I sync it with clamp thingy?

Cheers

Dames
Dames

« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2012, 04:56:17 PM »

Whats the little 'T' looking symbol flashing in the bottom left corner mean?

Dames
Automan

« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2012, 10:37:37 AM »

For some reason mine doesn't want to work on the usb with no battery pack in. Having lost the manual , how do I sync it with clamp thingy?

Cheers

Dames

Put three good AA batteries in the display unit and set the time and date by pressing the button the grey button on the back with the spanner on it.

To Pair the unit with transmitter press the blue button on each unit.

If you have a login at myonzo the manual is on their website under profile.

The "T" Symbol is no reception from transmitter.

Automan.
Dames

« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2012, 12:29:41 PM »

Thnx automan ,
                   I will give that a go.
Unfortunately I don't have access to the Myonzo site , moved house twice in last 2 years so don't have the manual or the code for it.

Let you know how I get on.

cheers

Dames
Dames

« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2012, 01:08:52 PM »

Nope , its not having non of it  Embarrassed

Got 0 on all displays.

What is EAC in the set up?

Hmmm

Dames
yorkshiremike

« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2012, 07:32:03 PM »

EAC - Estimated annual consumption in kWhr.  Used to calculate daily target - but calculates this after a few days even if you don't specify the EAC.
oldsaltgolfer

« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2012, 11:14:20 AM »

I was given Onzo meter by SE when I was on iplan. Now gone to different tar if with SE and Onzo details on PC no longer available to me. Is there any software that I can download which will allow me to see full data of my supply on line? Any help would be appreciated.
Automan

« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2012, 01:22:26 PM »

Seems Onzo have been bought out and the current energy monitor will no longer be supported Sad

Automan.
is0-mick

« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2013, 12:18:50 PM »

Hi Guys,
Know this is an old thread, was speaking to en4rab and I picked up one of these last week to have a play with.

Together we've pretty much reverse engineered the thing, and how it works.

I'm currently working on a c# tool to export the data from the device.

I wrote a tool to read/ write the various registers from the device and know what most of them do.
such as set / get current month, hour, day, set pricing, read current watts / temperature.
(Temperature is register 6 by the way).

screenshot below:

Anyone have any interest in these still?

Mick
GrahamW

« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2013, 03:43:15 PM »

Hi Mick, Yes I do, I got hold of my Onzo today via eBay today, and I am interested in analyzing the data stream. I had started a Java project to analyse the data from an Owl-160, but I had to abandon this because the resolution of the data wasn't fine enough to determine which devices were turning on or off. The problem is the consumption is averaged over the period (1 minute) this leads to many problems with transitions and multiple devices being turned on or off during the same period. These problems should be greatly lessened with a 1 second granularity. I would be interested in anything which could get the data stream for a period (like 24 hours) into a .csv file or DB for further analysis. I am not a Southern Electric consumer so I can't use the iplan server facilities, But I do have the Onzo loader S/W, and it is connecting successfully to the device, but I can't get further than a request to enter my account number (which of course I don't have)
Graham
en4rab

« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2013, 06:19:03 PM »

A bit of a tease, these were done with a very very manual method not with some super secret app that hasnt been released but is0_mick is working on that Smiley
But it looks like we have got the logged power data understood the top picture is a comparison between the 3 streams the display logs for power (POWER_REAL_STANDARD,POWER_REAL_FINE and POWER_REACTIVE_STANDARD) and the same data displayed on swalec's website. The bottom image is the same data but with POWER_REAL_STANDARD and POWER_REAL_FINE merged into one trace which is i think what they do in swalecs backend.
The reactive power isnt displayed on swalecs graphs but i believe is used or was intended to be used in helping to fingerprint devices as it will give a measure of the total amount of capacitance or inductance of the load, i havent verified i decoded it correctly either so it might be nonsense.
The timestamps on the x axis are as read from the Onzo, they appear to be utterly retarded in that it is just a counter that counts the seconds since the clamp was powered (ie it behaves as a timestamp with a random epoch depending on when you got or last changed the batterys of your onzo clamp) up so you have to do some messing to convert it to a real time (get the current timestamp from the clamp, subtract it from the current unix timestamp then add on the timestamp for the point you are interested in and convert into human readable time) smartypants bonus if you can tell me when I first connected this onzo Smiley

GrahamW

« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2013, 07:52:28 PM »

en4rab,
Two years 155 days ago at approximately 6:46pm + 40 seconds. I can't be bothered to do the calendar date  Grin

It's good that the device measures reactive power, that helps with identifying devices, the owl was much less capable (at least using the data extracted by spreadsheet from the application). Please can you post a sample with a finer x-axis i.e. showing the individual samples for a minute or two when something is happening. That would help me to work out what is going on. By the way there are a lot of academic papers on disaggregation, some of them with really horrible maths in them. There are also a couple of doctorate students working on it, one at Imperial London, one at Southampton. I think with a bit of local knowledge about what was happening it would be possible to train appliance recognition, but first any help with getting the data out my Onzo would be much appreciated. Also If there is anything I can contribute please let me know.
Graham
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: