navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: help please! Just turned on WRB09 first time since buying it in 2005  (Read 10632 times)
rogermunns

« on: December 20, 2010, 09:33:51 AM »

Hi all.

Had terrible probs getting pump in well (down 8m) but now got flow through heatpump, no air in water.

Switched on heatpump for first time.

After fiddling about with controller, setting clock, date etc. I finally found that by going into 'timer' I could get some action. That is, lights inside heatpump and a couple of relay clicks.

But then display goes to Eo01

This looks to me like not enough flow going in from well.

Is that right?
Dyslexicbloke

Blue sky thinking ...

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 02:43:50 PM »

Hi,
I had a quick look and cant find a list of fault codes on the web ....
What dose the book say?

Also you will probably have to manually check your flow rates and temperaturs to understand what is going on ..
If the unit thinks there is a problem that is either because there is, or because some sensor / switch isnt working.

There will be several prerequisits that need to be met befoere the unit will run including a minimum crank case temp I would expect.
It is possible it will sort its self out if you leave it powered up for a while.
Are you sure all its valves are open and you have done the initial comisioning that will be required for a new unit?

Al

Off Grid - Big Caravan and huge enclosed gazzebo.
300W PV 12V system.
400Ah of AGM Absolyte GP cells. (Second hand)
600W Inverter (Maplin's finest :-) )
CHP in the works - Chinese Horisontal Diesel [S195 Generic - Kukje]
VAWT testbed flying - Back to that when its warmer I think.
guydewdney

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 03:35:58 PM »

In the '5 version I had, there were requiremnts for flow switches - which were external, and not provided. You could 'short' them out as a test?

Pic of wheel on day 1
7.2kW Waterwheel and 9.8kW PV
welshboy

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 08:24:07 PM »

E01 is the error code for the heating side flow not working. The system then shuts down.
If you short out that then you will get e02 error - brine side and the system will shut down.

As I said on an earlier post try and find the flow switch wires.
You should find them 2 pairs each . On mine they come up from the bottom of the unit about 20 cms from the casing covering the 4 water pipes.
They are black corrugated sheathing about 15mms diameter containing 2 red wires with the numbers on them in yellow.
They are long enough to reach about 60cms beyond the casing of the unit.
welshboy

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 08:58:10 PM »

I just remembered also getting e01 error with a bit of crud stopping the heating side pump working. Just getting it to move cleared it.
rogermunns

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 09:01:37 PM »

Thanks Welshboy

I am mystified.

I have re-checked, definitely no black wires.

My other post today shows pics of my wires. 
rogermunns

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 09:04:38 PM »

I wanted to quickly reply while you were online.

My electrics seem to be ok but I am totally baffled by the lack of instructions how to drive the beast.

I have good flow from the well.

My own flow valve in the well line return works and cuts all power.

How do I then get the machine to go?
welshboy

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 09:09:57 PM »

I am convinced they are there - if you look carefully. I will take a pic of mine to show you - will be back in a mo.
rogermunns

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 09:13:08 PM »

I think the machine is looking for happy flow valve signals but I do not have flow valves linked into the machine electronics. And I can't do this, at least not until next spring.

With the next ice age due to set in around end Feb 2011 I can see my only hope is to find out how to fool the machine into thinking flows are there.

I've not had anything happen in the heatpump except I've set up date and time and seen some red and green lights. When I fiddled with TIMER button I did see 40deg.C. displayed and a couple of relayclicks, but then the Eo01 message.

Should the light next to the on/off button be red or green?   Do I have to press this button to get green?
welshboy

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 09:45:09 PM »

These are the two sheaths you should find

* rogermunns 001.jpg (27.88 KB, 512x384 - viewed 356 times.)

* rogermunns 002.jpg (37.55 KB, 512x384 - viewed 393 times.)
welshboy

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 09:47:17 PM »

If you find them and fool them
Press the button on the control panel and the light should change to green - should then work ok
rogermunns

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 09:05:37 PM »

Welshboy, you have been so good and so patient, but I definitely do not have the wires like yours.

I have studied and checked and rechecked.

I am at a total loss as to know what to do. 
guydewdney

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 09:15:33 PM »

on the front panel I had loads of numbered connections - 30 odd iirc. the manual told me what was what - and (for example) 30/31 was flow sensor - these were little screw terminals. Join them together with a bit of random mains rated wire?

I assume you are electrically competant at this stage (ie turn it off first... Wink )

Pic of wheel on day 1
7.2kW Waterwheel and 9.8kW PV
welshboy

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 09:44:57 PM »

I agree with Guy but have you traced these wires on your system ? I would check them out as I think they are the ones you should be looking for and they will have live ends so should be found for safety

* Rogermunns3.JPG (67.63 KB, 820x1285 - viewed 329 times.)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 10:03:36 PM by welshboy » Logged
rogermunns

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 10:02:36 PM »

Welshboy - your pic hasn't come out completely and I can't zoom it. Are you pointing to every red wire with 30 on it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: