navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ROC-FIT and N-Power  (Read 5949 times)
chrismeilak

« on: February 01, 2011, 10:19:13 AM »

I wonder if anyone can help? I have registered for the FIT last april on my non-mcs system which was installed in the time period which permitted diy install to qualify for FIT payment. However i have been in communication now with N-Power since last April and all im told there is a problem with ofgem and there are 5 over customers in my position.
Does anyone have a contact who could help me progress my application as i feel its not going anywhere.
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 10:30:08 AM »

Did you submit all the relevant paperwork by the deadlines?

Have you raised an official complaint with npower?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 10:32:16 AM by Ted » Logged

Volunteer moderator
chrismeilak

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 11:05:12 AM »

All paperwork was submitted on time but the only communication with Npower has been through there micro generation department.
Not sure who else to contact.
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 11:15:33 AM »

Try starting here: https://www.npower.com/At_home/Forms2/CustomerService/CustomerComplaint.aspx?workflow=CustomerComplaint

Once you have done that you can escalate via: http://www.energy-ombudsman.org.uk/links/5-15-making_a_complaint.php

Volunteer moderator
chrismeilak

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 11:26:49 AM »

Thanks Ted,
I have just come off the phone to N-Power compaints and awaiting a phone call back. Hopefully i can get the application moving again. I'm sure its just a case of someone spending half an hour looking into it. We shall see!
I shall report back with any news.

Thanks
chrismeilak

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 10:48:28 AM »

Well Finally after lots of emails and talk of getting the energy ombudsman involved i received my Npower FIT Equivalent Scheme T&C's.

It turns out Npower missed the boat with my April 1st 2010 application, i had however sent in all the paper work as requested and Npower admit it was there error.

I have read through the conditions several times however there is one major point i believe i need to raise before i sign.

Under Changes Of Ownership: It states "In the event that you move home, this agreement shall automatically terminate and any new owner of the home and/or system shall not be entitles to receive any payments from us under the terms of this agreement."

Now i have looked at the energy saving trusts website and under faq's it states the FIT stays with the system. Therefore this is not a FIT equivalent scheme.

I would like some feedback if i should push to have the T&C changed?

Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 01:13:21 PM »

I think the wording is carefully chosen. It would be up to the new owner to enter into a new contract with their selected supplier as is the case for any FiTs system that changes ownership.

Eligibility of your system is the specific issue that you need to have covered. What details have been registered for your system with OFGEM? If it is incorrect on their database then complain to OFGEM (and let npower know that you will).  Once the data is correct on there then all that you (or a new owner) should need to get a valid FITs contract is the OFGEM database ID.

Volunteer moderator
chrismeilak

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 03:46:14 PM »

Ted,

I was on the old ROC system for about 1 month prior to the 1st April 2010 FIT application which i received a small payment from Npower. The issue i have is this contract is purely between myself and Npower. As far as i am aware my system has nothing to do with Ofgem. I have found a previous generation number GEN0184582 from searching the internet, but i don't believe this is current anymore.

They also confirmed if i change supplier my payments will stop. Im confused wackoteapot

As far as i am concerned i have done all that was asked, i don't see why a mistake between Npower and Ofgem becomes my issue.

Any Advice would be gratefully appreciated

UPDATE: I have just contracted Ofgem, they confirm they have no record of my system on there database. Npower also confirmed they never migrated me across to the FIT. I have no RO ID.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 04:14:33 PM by chrismeilak » Logged
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 08:08:04 PM »

Lodge an official complaint with npower that it is their negligence that has resulted in this situation and that your system not being officially registered under the FiTs scheme is completely unacceptable to you.

Get in touch with the Energy Ombudsman - link above. Keep copies of all documents. I'm sure this can be sorted out but npower and OFGEM will need to be pushed hard from outside.

Were you officially registered under ROCs? Did you receive any correspondence from OFGEM at that time?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 08:11:29 PM by Ted » Logged

Volunteer moderator
chrismeilak

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 09:03:52 PM »

Thanks for your response Ted.

I have an official complaint in progress with the Energy Ombudsman. I contacted them this morning regarding my update with Npower, however they said they have no control on what Npower can offer me in terms of an equivalent tariff. They stated that npower have no legal obligation to offer a equivalent tariff.

So do i cut my losses and go with it, or do i possibly put my current offer with Npower at risk by taking the matter further?

I agree Npower and Ofgem need to get there act together on this one. I will speak again with the Energy Ombudsman with regards to getting my system on FIT the normal way. They might not be able to do anything with the contract they are offering but as you stated they might be able to pressure Ofgem and Npower to resolving the issue the correct way.

I am not the only case, I believe there are about 8 people with the same issue.

With Regards to the Ofgem correspondence, i never received anything from Ofgem. All my correspondence had been with Npower, I did send the ROC2FIT form to Ofgem via email and post but i got a phone call saying i was not on the system and it all started from there.

Ivan

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 01:39:03 AM »

My original ROC system back several years ago was with N-Power. I also paid them to install an export meter (supply and fit). They were very slow in paying me (took about 4 years to get payment from them - which was only when I left for SWALEC in disgust), even then I had to threaten them. SWALEC have recently informed me that n-power had never registered the export meter with Ofgem - which might explain some the reason for never paying me. Even, then n-power must have made a payment equivalent to my ROCs, export etc, as the system/meter were never properly accredited.

www.epogee.co.uk - Solar PV & Solar Thermal Training / MCS
cj

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 01:00:26 AM »

Can you get it checked & certified by an MCS installer, and then get FiTs and on the database so any purchaser of the house will get the 25 years from now?

3.92kwp PV, 16*Sharp NU245, Fronius 3600TL
Ivan

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 02:53:46 AM »

No. You could get it checked by an MCS-installer, but they can't issue an MCS certificate for you to claim FITs, because it's a)an existing installed system b)the components would not have been new at the time of certification.

www.epogee.co.uk - Solar PV & Solar Thermal Training / MCS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: