navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two lard questions for Frotter  (Read 11871 times)
jotec

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 10:59:00 AM »

Frotter,
 You say you don't filter below 100mic? Have you got a filter on the engine before the pump, if so what micron?
I am twin tanking the Lister to run on palm. It is heated in a hot water tank and gets to 60+c the fuel lines are water heated but it will not, yet, go through the engine filter despite it being water heated.

Dick

Aiming to reduce dependency on 'mains energy'. Own bio for 120k miles, solar water heating (DIY),  CHP done, Solar PV, use wood cut from own trees.
In U.K. near Worcester
clivejo
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 04:24:06 PM »

Hi Jotec,

I have just been on your website and seen your advert for waste vegetable oil and noticed you provide suppliers with a Waste transfer notice.  I was just wondering do you have any information you could share on this?  i.e. do you need a licence from the council?  Do you have to pay tax on the end product? Are you inspected by an external body?
frotter

I'm not gay or owt....

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 05:08:27 PM »

Hi Dick - i use one of these just before the IP -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Small-Inline-Fuel-Filter-Petrol-Diesel-BioVeg-x-5-/320672445156?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aa99132e4

I think it comes in medium and fine flavour, i use the finer one. It is only nylon mesh, no idea what micron size. Not less than 100 though for sure. In old style mechanical diesels i have not had ANY issues due to 100 mic particles. Water, yes. You want to keep that out. Most issues I had on my road vehicles using finer filters were due to filter cloggages and subsequent visits to hard shoulder....
Good luck!

X
 bike

HE WHO CONTROLS THE LARD - CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE!!   Its me, incidentally..
jotec

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 05:37:31 PM »

Thanks Frotter -thats what I use on the liquid veg side. I will give it a go on the 'lard' side.

Clicejo
In brief,
If you are collecting for personal use you do not need to be registered. but you do need to give WTNs so that the oil can be traced and the place you are collecting from is covered for any environmental health inspections.
You can make up to 2500 L of bio a year for road fuel tax free, or use up to 2500L of WVO as road fuel.
There is no formal inspection process but HMRC can inspect at any time. Records of collection, production and use have to be kept.

HTH
Dick

Aiming to reduce dependency on 'mains energy'. Own bio for 120k miles, solar water heating (DIY),  CHP done, Solar PV, use wood cut from own trees.
In U.K. near Worcester
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: