navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest on SSE FITs registration  (Read 2994 times)
CeeBee

« on: March 13, 2011, 09:50:19 PM »

Haven't posted for ages, but here's my latest regarding using SSE for FITs:

Old 2.1kWp ROC to FIT PV installation was finally migrated to FITs at the expected pathetic rate of 9p/kWh around 9th Dec 2010. So not quite as long a wait as I had for OFGEM to register it under ROC in the first place (which took more than a year). Meter reads supplied for end December 2010, and payment for 1-April-2010 to 31-Dec-2010 appeared in bank account on 25-Feb-2011. SSE used the actual reading from the export meter rather than 50% deeming (they themselves arranged for this meter to be fitted for free on their old solar export scheme, which paid 28p/kWh on everything exported until FITs started). Since FITs, I no longer feel encouraged to avoid using my own PV electricity in order to export it - it now makes more sense to try to use it on site, which seems the opposite of what we should be trying to encourage).

I installed a 2.52kWp system on another property in February 2011, and sent off the FITs paperwork by post to SSE (Royal Mail 'signed for' just in case). Rather surprisingly, FIT contract arrived a mere two weeks after I'd posted the application. That's the first time anything regarding ROC/FIT has ever happened on what I'd consider a reasonable timescale. I didn't ask for them to fit an export meter - thought that was just an additional complication I didn't need, and I don't know what proportion of generation is likely to be exported (depends on tenants in property), so I'll stick with the deemed 50% on this one.

A friend who emailed his FITs application and supporting documentation (in a zip file) to SSE in January 2011 has had to wait nearly two months just to get an email saying that it has now been forwarded to the department for registration. Who knows what took so long, and why my postal application managed to leapfrog this one. Perhaps they had to get an IT consultant in to work out what to do with the zip file.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 09:52:19 PM by CeeBee » Logged

fje-iptelenet

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 06:37:38 AM »

Hi CeeBee,
Indeed long time no see! Please have a look at this thread:
http://www.navitron.org.uk/forum/index.php/topic,13324.0.html

Rayburn DHW + CH - Wood only
30 ET Solar DHW
3.42 kWp PV
5000 Liter Graf underground Rainwater Tank
PRIUS 2004, SMART Turbo Diesel 86 mpg
Pages: [1]   Go Up