navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rent a roof schemes  (Read 2570 times)
Deang

« on: May 19, 2011, 05:32:19 AM »

Hi,

Does anyone know, when you enter into one of these schemes where you get solar panels installed for free and the installer gets the FIT payments, who is the contract with? The electricity company and the installer or the electricity company and the home owner? I ask because I wonder what happens if the home owner falls into arrears with their bill.

Thanks

Dean
supremetwo

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 10:43:20 AM »

The contract is with the owner of the panels and their FIT provider, which is unlikely to be the same as a home owner's domestic electricity provider.

FIT payments are a separate entity from electricity usage.

There may be a clause in the contract with the panel owner dealing with cut-off due to non-payment of bills or any other reason down to the home owner. In that instance, I suspect that the home owner would also have to pay the panel owner for lost FIT.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: