navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stable  (Read 14530 times)
Ben55

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2012, 06:43:25 PM »

Wish I had a roof like that, easy to check for birdshit... and clean it off Smiley
Salesmen say the rain does the job...   but it never does  with my car windows Huh
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 06:46:51 PM by Ben55 » Logged
stannn
Global Moderator

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2012, 01:37:40 PM »

I noticed today that, after this prolonged spell of warm dry weather, there was a significant film of fine sand on my PV array plus the odd bird shot. So I washed it at midday having noted that conditions were stable giving a constant 1780W. Those of you with less accessible arrays will be pleased to know that it made no noticeable change to power output.
Stan

2.45 kWp PV (Navitron supply), 40 evacuated tubes (Navitron supply), Clearview 650 log burner with back-boiler heating cottage and water, 2 off 50W border collies, 1 off 35W cat, 1 off 25W cat.
stannn
Global Moderator

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2012, 02:33:50 PM »

It literally came out of the blue! I spent yesterday morning walking Wife and dog over Ecton (copper) Hill by the River Manifold and it was cloudy but stunning all the same. In fact it was cloudy for most of the daytime. They say that copper came out of this hill at over 25% purity whereas the purity of modern copper mines is much less than 0.1% so that electrolysis has to be used. Anyway, we arrived home and I went into the stable just as our sun came out and gave a megapulse. 2498W the inverter said..............2498W! That is from 10 Sharp panels rated at 2450W, at an angle of 17 degrees and a Sunny Boy 2500HF inverter.
So now I can stop visiting the inverter so often and die happy. PV does what it says on the box.
Stan
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 02:36:07 PM by stannn » Logged

2.45 kWp PV (Navitron supply), 40 evacuated tubes (Navitron supply), Clearview 650 log burner with back-boiler heating cottage and water, 2 off 50W border collies, 1 off 35W cat, 1 off 25W cat.
Gambot

It's been very windy round here recently

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2012, 05:38:07 PM »

Going back to your earlier post about electric shocks...... the day my system was installed in December and the installers had gone, I got out the ladder and cloth and thought I would polish off the fingerprints from the glass and frames (as you would with a brand new car on your drive) and check that there wasn't any cracked glass etc. As soon as I touched the frame (before I did any polishing) I got a shock in my hand and knee which was resting on the rung of the ladder. I guess it was about 150V (I am so used to these things by now I can guess the volts) I carried on as it was so important to remove fingerprints and I got more shocks or more like tingles. The inverter said there was no leakage. I have been up a few times since and there is no hint of a tingle since. The panels are not earthed as I have a TL inverter. Could it be that on first power-up, a charge is created between the cells and the front glass as the cells suddenly go from zero to max volts during a midday install and then over time has all soaks away.
I didn't have a bucket of salt water...honest Grin

4 kWp - 10+6 Sanyo HIT H250E01 PV - Aurora PVI 3.6 OUTD Inverter - 40 Slope - SSW 193 - Lat 51N - South Hampshire
12kW Woodburner (not installed yet)
stannn
Global Moderator

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2012, 09:47:58 PM »

Well it would worry me Gambot but I'm not an electrician and so I can't make a useful comment.
Stan

puredrivebatteries

« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2016, 09:58:17 AM »

System looks good! tidy job
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: