navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick question sensor location  (Read 5574 times)
Tigger

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2014, 09:20:12 AM »

>>I've got to stop looking at the controller readout

Ha ha, don't worry, the obsession does wear off after a couple of years Smiley

30 tubes, south facing gable wall (Navitron Fornax Trial System).  Hunter Herald 8, integrated boiler hooked up with Oil Boiler via H2 control panel.  Scrounging fire wood wherever possible Smiley
desperate

Backache stuff!!

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2014, 10:02:37 AM »

>>I've got to stop looking at the controller readout

Ha ha, don't worry, the obsession does wear off after a couple of years Smiley

Does it??  I still spend quite a lot of time in the cupboard after 5 years............

good work there lynall

Desp

www.jandhbuilders.co.uk

still a crazy old duffer!
lynall

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2014, 08:27:29 PM »

Quick update, so far since the 2nd july we have used approx 2.00bgp of gas extrahappy of course with standing charge coming in at nearly 8 quid not so good.
Still at least its all working and doing what it says on the tin and at 20 pence per day who can complain?
A.L.

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2014, 09:49:28 AM »

hello,

what is a bgp.  gas is usually kwhs or m3..

- I think its a typo, bgp >> gbp (GB Pounds )  Smiley
lynall

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2014, 04:08:24 PM »

hello,

what is a bgp.  gas is usually kwhs or m3..

- I think its a typo, bgp >> gbp (GB Pounds )  Smiley

Spot on that man, I seem to make typos all the time these days!
lynall

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2016, 01:47:30 PM »

Just an update, its been nearly two years now and all has been pretty good.
Only two minor problems, 1 faulty sensor wiring my fault as cr*p pliers, 2 a leak on panel manifold again my fault.
Last two weeks its been generating some useful hot water, in fact the whole 150 litre tank is currently at 52 degc.
Would I do it again? the answer is yes.
Its still an unusual diy fit as I havent yet met anyone else who has done their own.
AndrewE

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2016, 11:34:09 PM »

I'm surprised too that (apart from "virtual friends" here) I don't know anyone that has done it either.  I'm surprised because it was a straightforward and enjoyable install and lots of my real friends and family are quite practical or green-leaning - and only 4 of them (out of many - over 100 Christmas cards sent & received each year) have PV fitted, not one solar thermal.  I think the cost of changing the cylinder might have put some off, but I still don't understand why they don't do it, I've even pointed out that they can have a mains-pressure pre-heater tank feeding their combi-boiler.  Maybe "not invented here" syndrome or a deep-seated suspicion of something for nothing?  If it sounds too good to be true it probably is?  Sad anyway, because we know we are not snake oil or financial derivatives salesmen!
Mine has run flawlessly for 9 years now, with just 1 or 2  water/pressure top-ups, maybe i need to check the pressure again!
Agree with Desp too, the panel temp &"hours run" reading (and a quick feel of the tank  coil inlet) are very satisfying.   How to make an old man very happy!
A
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 11:39:54 PM by AndrewE » Logged
lynall

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2017, 07:30:52 AM »

Well nearly 3 years on and its still working just fine.
Has started making useful heat again after the dull winter.
Love the utility bill saying you are 20 quid in credit already and hopefully theres a good 6 months of summer to come.
I talk to a few people about the system and I can tell its going straight over their head like its rocket science!
Fintray

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2017, 08:37:11 PM »

Good to hear that the system is performing well, I just came across this thread and was impressed by how quickly you installed the system, I had some panels I bought a few years ago and have only just got started with the install in the last few weeks..........!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: