navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Store seems to be heating panels  (Read 882 times)
syeman

« on: March 10, 2018, 05:12:39 PM »

Hi for almost three years my setup has been trouble free ( 300l thermal store and evacuated solar panels, large stove and loading valve). Now when heating my store I find the solar panel manifold temperature rises and the solar pump is on with the flow away from the store showing a higher temperature reading on the pump station temp dial than the return pump station dial. My panels are on the gable end of house my cylinder is directly above my stove. Cylinder to panel pipework goes up into dormer attic space along to gable end wall down about 3 feet and out through walls to panel manifolds. I had an incident over winter where I had pushed a box against an immersion booster switch and the immersion had stayed on for 2 weeks with out me noticing I found a lot of sludge in header tank so I have drained flushed cylinder system and topped up the solar fluid raising pressure from 2 to 2.5. I have used the bleed valve on pump station to remove air. My current best idea is to refill solar pipework to remove any air that may be trapped along the pipework ?? as colder water from base of cylinder does not seem to be dropping temperature, confused ?? Any suggestions or clarity much appreciated
rogeriko

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 07:43:37 PM »

Solar pump should only be running when the panel top temperature is higher than tank temperature. The pump will be switched by the solar controller. Check it all.

syeman

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 01:01:36 PM »

Thanks will do,  I shall check again when I light my stove my solar working away by itself today
ecogeorge

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 07:20:37 PM »

If you have frost protection set -pump will run to prevent freezing .
George
syeman

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 05:33:22 PM »

Good thinking George. I reset controller and added a short length of pipe to my air vent, in attic space. Panel temp is now what it should be not 100 percent which solved the problem but all now tip top thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: