navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RHI Grants now available  (Read 2734 times)
Ivan

« on: August 02, 2011, 03:10:51 AM »

The 300 grant for solar thermal systems is now available (as of 1st August 2011). The scheme is an apology from the government for withdrawing all support from renewable heat technologies for in excess of 2years. It's not much, but it's better than nothing, so I'm encouraging as many people as possible to apply.

Application form here:   https://secure.est.org.uk/scheme/view/rhpp (Select 'solar thermal' from the list to load up application form).

The drop-down list of eligible panels is huge, so to save hours looking for it, there are three lines of approved Navitron panels - look for no. 011-7S1334R...and they are about a third of the way down from the top of the list.

Factsheet - http://www.decc.gov.uk/en/content/cms/meeting_energy/renewable_ener/incentive/factsheet/factsheet.aspx

www.epogee.co.uk - Solar PV & Solar Thermal Training / MCS
pdf27

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 08:21:13 AM »

Probably a stupid question, but do all installations carried out by Navitron installers qualify?
Ivan

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 10:44:22 AM »

Yes, as long as you're registered with Navitron's EasyMCS scheme, and it's done under the EasyMCS rules

Fintray

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 11:50:00 AM »

Ivan
Having attended a Navitron solar installation course could I register under the Navitron easyMCS scheme and install my own system?

3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!)
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
djh

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 12:04:17 PM »

Note that the factsheet says "Important  This is a summary of the full conditions. Please consult the EST website for details of how the scheme works and eligibility rules."

and note that the factsheet appears to contain an error about eligibility (what it says is different to what the EST site says)

http://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/Generate-your-own-energy/Sell-your-own-energy/Renewable-Heat-Premium-Payment
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 12:06:11 PM by djh » Logged

Cheers, Dave
profp
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 12:09:36 PM »

The scheme is an apology from the government for withdrawing all support from renewable heat technologies for in excess of 2years.

I don't understand this Ivan - I got a 300ish grant this time last year for my solar-thermal install, so there has apparently been support available in recent times?
Ivan

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 10:39:12 PM »

Yes, you can install a qualifying system on your own house under Navitron's EasyMCS. You will need Pub.Lia. Insurance 75, though. Give Tim or Cathy a call at Navitron HQ to get started.

Grants for solar thermal ceased in Feb. 2010. I'm not aware of anything that's been available since then, although there may have been something for charities and perhaps in Scotland or N.Ireland, which operate under slightly different conditions. Mind you, there are probably some companies that have been offering 'grants' off over-priced systems. I did see an advert or two along these lines back a while ago.

pdf27

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 07:39:37 PM »

Yes, you can install a qualifying system on your own house under Navitron's EasyMCS. You will need Pub.Lia. Insurance 75, though. Give Tim or Cathy a call at Navitron HQ to get started.
Is the insurance the only cost, or are there associated fees - if so, roughly how much? Trying to work out how much it would cost to install an RHI-qualifying system myself...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: