navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Proven turbine problems  (Read 45135 times)
camillitech

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2011, 09:35:25 PM »

nope clivejo,
       worry not.the irish side of things carry spares.you could contact the local agent and i am sure he will try and fix u up.
                                                                                                                     biff

Is that really true Biff, you know of a dealer that actually stocks spares  Shocked you really do have all the luck over there  Grin could I have his name please  whistlie

Cheers, Paul

http://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/

'Off grid' since 1985,  Proven 2.5kW, Proven 6kW direct heating, SMA SI6.OH, 800ah Rolls, 9kW PV ,4xTS45, Lister HR2 12kW, , Powerspout pelton, Stream Engine turgo, 60 x Navitron toobs and a 1500lt store. Outback VFX3048 and 950ah forklifts for backup,
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2011, 09:48:24 PM »

yes of course paul, i will pm you his name and number now.
                                                              biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2011, 09:57:36 PM »

pm on the way paul,
                        biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
clivejo
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2011, 10:03:07 PM »

emmmm can you send it to me too?

Ive never been able to find one that actually stocks it, always has to be ordered from Proven and have an installer registration number (or something like that) which I dont have due to it being DIY !!
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2011, 10:19:42 PM »

pm on the way clivejo,
                  biff

baker

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2011, 12:42:51 AM »

hi clivego
 some thing to cheer you up
 i think you would be advised to change both magnet wheels to make sure that the magnets oposite
 are currect  s/n with key cut on the shaft
 like the blades they come in sets 
also you need to be lucky with the tolerance may have to send them back  bike bike              if too loose
 maybe need a new spacer to machine to size
and fragementation maybe possible to happen all over again
baker
clivejo
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2011, 01:52:39 PM »

hi clivego
 some thing to cheer you up
 i think you would be advised to change both magnet wheels to make sure that the magnets oposite
 are currect  s/n with key cut on the shaft
 like the blades they come in sets 
also you need to be lucky with the tolerance may have to send them back  bike bike              if too loose
 maybe need a new spacer to machine to size
and fragementation maybe possible to happen all over again
baker

Two magnet wheels??  Huh  I'm confused!
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2011, 02:29:09 PM »

fight,
        now  now!! i dont think that cheered clivejo up at all,i think that might have given him a sore head or an upset tummy.but baker does have a lot of proven experience clivejo and if you really want,he will sell you one.maybe one with 2 wheels. Grin
                                                                                                                      biff

clivejo
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2011, 04:21:31 PM »

Maybe that's why it self destructed, it was missing a wheel!
clivejo
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2011, 04:25:47 PM »

My Proven only has one wheel and a magnet flew off and damaged my coil.

Read all about it here http://www.navitron.org.uk/forum/index.php/topic,11608.0.html
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2011, 06:48:28 PM »

sent you a pm clivejo,
                       biff

Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2011, 11:27:51 PM »

Proven P35s have been removed from the MCS accredited list. The P11 (6kW) is still there.

Would be interesting to know exactly why MCS have taken that step.

Volunteer moderator
Other-Power

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2011, 11:07:03 AM »

http://www.microgenerationcertification.org/news

"Why did MCS certify a small wind turbine which has subsequently failed?

The MCS tests and certification of wind turbines are robust and follow international and European standards. Certification cannot guarantee that products will not fail but it does give greater assurance. At this stage it is unclear why the products failed and we therefore await further information about the situation.  "

My advice is based on me spending my money doing this and my job spending others money doing this.
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2011, 11:44:43 AM »

The implications for the successful sale of Proven to any third party is pretty drastic, as it undoubtedly impacts the valuation that can now be put on the assets of the company and what amount might find its way into the hands of any creditors.

Also the idea, for all the other wind turbine manufacturers who currently are on the MCS list (at great expense to themselves), find that their products also might lose accreditation following two or three failures, and hence the loss of all new business in the UK, must be quite worrying for them.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 11:46:33 AM by Ted » Logged

Volunteer moderator
moorwind

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2011, 10:01:07 PM »

nope clivejo,
       worry not.the irish side of things carry spares.you could contact the local agent and i am sure he will try and fix u up.
                                                                                                                     biff

Is that really true Biff, you know of a dealer that actually stocks spares  Shocked you really do have all the luck over there  Grin could I have his name please  whistlie

Cheers, Paul

We've had a Proven 2.5kW turbine for years and it's been brilliant, but the blades are well due for replacement and it needs some other bits as well. Would your Irish supplier be able to help?
Other than that, does anybody have any thoughts on what the chances are of getting replacement parts for these turbines in the near future?

Pauline from Cornwall
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: