navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Proven turbine problems  (Read 45149 times)
camillitech

« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2011, 10:09:46 PM »

Hi Pauline,

do not panic, a friend who lives nearby says they've been taken over, it may of course be just a rumor but I'm not panicking yet Grin My 2.5 has just entered it's 7th winter and will probably be needing a set of blades at some time and I'm certainly not worried. Whoever takes them over just has to better at supplying parts  Grin

Cheers, Paul

http://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/

'Off grid' since 1985,  Proven 2.5kW, Proven 6kW direct heating, SMA SI6.OH, 800ah Rolls, 9kW PV ,4xTS45, Lister HR2 12kW, , Powerspout pelton, Stream Engine turgo, 60 x Navitron toobs and a 1500lt store. Outback VFX3048 and 950ah forklifts for backup,
clivejo
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2011, 11:12:44 PM »

Does anyone know what was Proven's reasons for being so unhelpful regarding parts?
camillitech

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2011, 06:14:08 AM »

Does anyone know what was Proven's reasons for being so unhelpful regarding parts?

I think that they must have employed an accountant or had directors from somewhere like Ford or GM, you'd get the same response from them if you phoned up the factory "go and speak to a dealer"  Roll Eyes

Of course with them they have loads of dealers, gazillions of people supplying 'pattern items' suppliers that actually stock the parts and take 'plastic'.

I don't think that Proven ever grasped the fact that many people who have wind turbines live 'off grid' away from regular supply chains and if they're turnip stopped they'd no friggin electricity  fume or had to run an expensive generator for weeks waiting for one of they're 're sellers' to order the parts from Stewarton before then posting them out to you, after of course your cheque cleared  Roll Eyes

Cheers, Paul

http://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/

'Off grid' since 1985,  Proven 2.5kW, Proven 6kW direct heating, SMA SI6.OH, 800ah Rolls, 9kW PV ,4xTS45, Lister HR2 12kW, , Powerspout pelton, Stream Engine turgo, 60 x Navitron toobs and a 1500lt store. Outback VFX3048 and 950ah forklifts for backup,
moorwind

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2011, 10:08:11 AM »

I've just seen this article in the Herald Scotland

http://www.heraldscotland.com/business/corporate-sme/icon-energy-is-caught-out-by-proven-collapse-1.1129151?91330

Seems Icon have not only failed in their takeover bid, but have gone into voluntary liquidation themselves.

Kingspan Renewables are part of the Kingspan Group, a multinational company which makes various renewable energy equipment, including Thermomax solar tubes.
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2011, 10:41:37 AM »

you would almost think that the herald wanted personal access to our emails,
         i dont mind supplying name and email addy but thats all they are getting.  strange,!!
                in view of all the hacking scandals of late one has to be very carefull,goodness knows where all this information that murdock collects will end up. Roll Eyes
                        biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
Other-Power

« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2011, 10:23:53 PM »

http://wind.kingspan.com/

P7 and P11 sorry KW3 and KW6 and back in manufacturing now

Cheers

Jon

My advice is based on me spending my money doing this and my job spending others money doing this.
Eleanor

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2011, 10:40:42 AM »

Icon Energy reincarnated as Greenfish Energy :

http://www.thescottishfarmer.co.uk/renewables/2.1031/time-for-a-turbine-sector-reality-check-1.1131648

I'm doing this for free, please be nice to me surrender
"Very few batteries die a natural death ... most are murdered" stir
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2011, 08:38:15 PM »

it is quite sad to hear the proven story.the amount of anger generated must be massive.the scottish farmers must feel betrayed and badly let down.somehow or other i suspect that there were persons of authority who knew this was coming down the track and stuck their heads in the sand.
   the worst effect is, that the  belief people have in renewable energy will be shaken and anyone considering a decent turbine will think twice before parting with the deposit.i honestly believe that the proven saga has damaged the renewable energy drive so badly that it will take years to recover.to learn that the fault in the large proven is down to the shaft,s tendency to fracture is simply unbelievable.in this day and age such a blunder is unforgivable.
     it would be nice to think that kingspan would replace the faulty shafts in the existing stricken turbines for a  reasonable fee and get them up and running again,and that they would make a clean sweep of the engineers responsible for such a calamity.that would be a good start and go some way to repairing the damage.we live in hope.
                                                            biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
Sean

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2011, 08:54:01 PM »

it would be nice to think that kingspan would replace the faulty shafts in the existing stricken turbines for a  reasonable fee and get them up and running again

i suspect that's not going to happen

''All outstanding customer orders, liabilities and warranties relating to Proven Energy Limited, or products supplied by Proven Energy Limited including the P7, P11 and P35 turbines, remain with the insolvent company.  Accordingly, please note that suppliers or customers who have any claims with regard to warranties or any other matters relating to Proven Energy Ltd, or products supplied by Proven Energy Ltd including the P7, P11 and P35 turbines, should lodge a claim in writing with the Joint Receivers and not with Kingspan. ''
Windyboy

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »

Hi all

Just joined and reading up on the Proven situation. We are owners of the Proven 6 and also had problems in dealing with Proven but mainly on not getting calls returned when trying to arrange a new service contract.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
[deleted by moderator - blantant spam promoting new owners of the company. You should declare yourself as having an interest or run your comments past a moderator before pretending to be a customer when in fact you work/worked for the company. If you'd like some advertising on the Navitron forum, ask your boss to contact Navitron for advertising rates]

Windyboy
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 03:09:28 PM by Ivan » Logged
clivejo
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2012, 10:28:45 PM »

Sorry to harp on, but does anyone know of anywhere/anyone I could get a magnet wheel/disc/thingie?  All previous leads have drawn a blank.
Other-Power

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2012, 11:10:51 PM »

Contact King Span for spares.

Cheers

Jon

My advice is based on me spending my money doing this and my job spending others money doing this.
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2012, 11:35:56 PM »

hi clivejo,
         kingspan would be the obvious choice to contact but goodness it is going to be rather expensive. your best bet would be to post an add on ebay,, wanted ,,,,,,,, secondhand proven 2.5 in need of repair and you never know it might just do the trick.
                                                                                                                    biff

numenius

« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2012, 09:09:10 PM »

Must admit this has given me pause for thought - we are doing a full refurbishment of an off grid property and I'd been told by everyone how good Proven were, "the industry standard" etc etc. Now it was the 6 we were looking at, not the larger one with the shaft failures, but now I'm thinking that Proven were doing so well and almost every supplier I contacted recommended we use a Proven turbine - easily 4 out of 5 did, yet now they are bust! So if such a popular turbine company can have that happen (as it appears at least, over the shaft failures of one model), leaving people with no redress if/when theirs fails (I see Kingspan quite understandably make it very clear that it's nothing to do with them)  the risk of a cú40k investment in a system (decision based on the FIT tarrif)  with a turbine that could break a year later and we could just as easily find the company has gone seems very risky now indeed. It makes a 5 year guarantee pretty worthless if the comany does not even exist a month later - which must have happened to some people.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 09:11:01 PM by numenius » Logged
clivejo
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2012, 09:53:57 PM »

numenius : They are good, 9/10 times they are bullet proof and will give years of trouble free operation.  The problem arises if your the unlucky 1/10 person who has problems.  Its my opinion that Proven unfortunately believed its products were all bullet proof and didn't think it needed to offer end user support.  My father and I contacted them over several years and was the same reply, we dont offer end user support and to go via a distributor, but then these distributors weren't interested in providing support as they were too busy making money with new installs.  Its a bitter pill because at the time Proven gave the impression that they cared and valued the smaller customers and support wouldn't be a problem.  Its a shame, as they are good and normally very reliable.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: