navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Proven turbine problems  (Read 45140 times)
Other-Power

« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2012, 11:23:59 PM »

Other-power -I take your point but sometimes people need to step back and look at what they are getting for the money.
To spend 40k on one turbine so big when as others have pointed out a mix of renewables may be more cost effective.
I didn't literally mean purchase 20 x FE turbines but 10K to install say 5 FE would be a serious proposition to me , with more deductions for DIY and diy doable ground works.
That still leaves 30k yes 30,000 for pv and batteries.
Ground mount pv -what 2 / watt ??  say 20k for a 10kw install.
We've still got 10k for batteries.
Hmm -what was that phone call-shut turbine down because of a shaft problem, -no more electric today , tomorrow ,next day /week /month oh-they gone into receivership !!
I know where I'd spend my money.
just my 2p.
George.

I agree with most of your points, my last post wasnt ment to affend.

Its clear that one has to have a hands on aproach, the time, money and confidence to do a workable off grid system and its more of a word of warning that its not a pieice of weasel pee to just wacking in some tech and expect to run ones life from it.  It takes a level of experties and experience that, if you want it now, it cost money.

Cheers

Jon

My advice is based on me spending my money doing this and my job spending others money doing this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: