navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SSE FITs users and lack of email privacy  (Read 2254 times)
eh

« on: September 23, 2011, 07:55:33 PM »

Just received email from SSE asking for next quarters readings on 30th Sept.

Very unprofessional, and breaking Data Protection rules (I will complain) as I now have the email addresses of 50 other SSE FITs customers, this has been sent to, as do everyone else included on this email.
Fintray

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 11:23:53 PM »

I had the same from another company for which they apologised after realising what had happened, but who can honestly say they have never made a mistake when sending out emails!  facepalm

3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!)
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
john999boy

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 12:23:44 AM »

I now have the email addresses of 50 other SSE FITs customers,
As coincidence would have it, the National Trust of all places did exactly the same thing to me today - or rather someone with a NT email address!
You'd think that people would actually have managed to sort out how to mail merge (or just plain Bcc by now).  Lips Sealed

8.46kWp solar PV - 169 - 40 slope - 53N. Immersun fuelled DHW.
CeeBee

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 06:12:30 PM »

I too received an SSE email requesting end of September readings - and mine also managed to broadcast the email addresses of a bunch of other customers of theirs. Also surprised me that it requested that the readings be sent to some named individual, rather than the generic 'fitreads' address (despite the FAQ saying that you must use the latter). A friend got one from a different SSE person. All very strange - obviously anyone can make the mistake of broadcasting addresses, but using an individual's name? What happens if they leave SSE, etc.?

Anyway, at least my SSE person proved very responsive to email - sorted out the account for a second PV system on a house I let, for which SSE kept writing to the installation address instead of to me. He said that each installation was being allocated to a specific SSE person, and sending readings directly to them was intended to shortcut one stage in the process - I still find it strange. And he promised a quick turnround for my reads as recompense for general hassle - sure enough got the 'statement of account' within days, and money in the bank in a few weeks - so they can do it at a decent speed when they want to.

I hope he's still there - I've got another installation planned in November, and he might be just the person to ensure that I don't get caught up in a delay leading to eligibility date being after possible cuts to FIT rates...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: