navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This winter I hope to run my WRB09 properly  (Read 978 times)
rogermunns

« on: November 12, 2011, 08:28:54 PM »

Last year you all helped me on a steep learning curve to get my WRB09 working. I had bought it in 2005 in readiness for our new house build. Sadly it took 5 years, not 2 years, to get the house built to a state ready to try the pump. In 2010 I could only run with well water and a not-really-powerful-enough well pump.

I could only run the HeatPump for about 30 minutes at a time before serious icing up. And I could only heat 3 of the 7 zones in the house. BUt I was very heartened to at least have it working.

This year we have installed our outer array underground. It was extremely difficult because we are in rock as soon as you get down 15 - 20cm. Because of expense and colossal upheaval and geometrical considerations we have only been able to excavate about 300mē although, by creating a 'raised bed' above the pipes, they are buried about 80 - 100cm. The ground above has not been consolidated.

We have 400m of 25mm pipe underground. Again, this choice was limited by cost, I realise it would have been best to have larger diameter pipe, if only to minimise pressure drop. The 400m is in four loops of 100m each, connected in the basement by a homebuilt manifold running into 40mm pipe to the pump. I do not yet know the flowrate I am getting through the loops - I am getting a flow meter next week when I return to UK for a couple of days. Am I right in saying I should be aiming for 30litres/minute?

I am fairly certain that I have a far-from-ideal setup, but my choice has really been compromised by space, expense and sheer work - too much for a 66 year-old.

I want to know what sort of loop temperatures are ideal. That is, input temperature from gound array and return temperature into the ground. My system seems to be settling out at 9deg C incoming; 5 degrees return to ground.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: