navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 200w wind turbine packed up  (Read 7379 times)
Eleanor

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2011, 09:10:56 PM »

Steady on Clockman, you'll attract the attention of the Ladies Curling Team and we shouldn't forget how long it took to calm things down last time that happened  facepalm

I'm doing this for free, please be nice to me surrender
"Very few batteries die a natural death ... most are murdered" stir
clockmanFR

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 09:39:30 PM »

Roger !

Everything is possible, just give me TIME.
M

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2011, 05:12:33 PM »

I say chaps, Ecogeorge and Eleanor, thou is certainly on the ball.

There's me looking at the coils and windings, never even saw the Australian Hockey lot.

Mladen, err wot, looked at site link, noticed it picked me up as a stranger from France, 'so you have a cunning plan'?

Look out!, Mart (Innuendo Kid) will be here next, me i love coils, just the thought of the magnet passing by gets them all excited.  extrahappy

Sorry clockman, I wasn't paying attention, and I feel I let you down badly.

I promise next time you ask for a double entendre I'll be much quicker to give you one.

As for innuendo and wind, I simply don't know enough about the equipment to comment. But personally, I feel what you choose to strap on and wave in the air in the privacy of your own garden, is your business, and yours alone. So long as it doesn't offer a distraction to any given flight path, I say live and let live.

Mart.

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
clockmanFR

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2011, 06:59:32 PM »

Unfortunately, are garden is 8 1/2 acres on the side of the river Touque valley with fantastic views all round.

Excellent for wind.

People come to see my antics. They park at the side of the one track lanes and have their lunch watching the Windturbines going round, (very French). Watch me chasing the sheep and the next door neighbours cattle about with a English teacloth.  hysteria

Messy farmer at the bottom of the valley, "The English man has got his trailer stuck in the field" (translation) "the English man is mad, he is putting a ships anchor on the ground and winching the trailer up the field, damn i can not charge him for getting my tractor out!".

As regards the Planes that fly in the air, (never can tell), the french Air force use our place as a way point and fly Hercules at 500ft and fast jets at 1000ft. I am told that our good old English Scaffolding shows up really well on their radar, and our Turbine Dump loads on PWM mode give off interference. If they get any lower i will toss them a couple of those handgrenades i keep digging up.  Cheesy

merkland

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 06:31:48 PM »

I eventually got the burnt joint remade and everything tested O.K.
While the turbine was in pieces I decided to follow Biff's excellent advice and build in a swivelling connection to finally solve my twisting cable problem, which has to be unwound about once a week.
The commutator unit I found on ebay was just the job but unfortunately just a tad too big to get the casing back on so had to cut a hole to accommodate it then fit a small dome to make it watertight. 
Now back up churning away and producing!

merkland.

* wind1.JPG (94.53 KB, 2000x3008 - viewed 273 times.)

* wind2.JPG (94.23 KB, 3008x2000 - viewed 275 times.)

200w wind turbine grid tied, 1x175w PV grid tie or to batteries,
2x55w PV to batteries, 24vx440ah battery bank. 3.5Kw grid tie (14xSanyo 250w facing 160degrees at 80 degrees inclination, Aurora 3.6 inverter), 2xflat panel water heating (for over 30 years )
Heinz

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 07:56:37 PM »

I like your telegraph pole tower, very neat  Grin

H

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try' "  Yoda
camillitech

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 09:37:53 PM »

I like your telegraph pole tower, very neat  Grin

H

Yes me too, I have a telegraph pole already set up and this seems like a perfect way of giving it some height. I was considering a similar set up but foolishly would have put the hinge at the base  Roll Eyes

It's been up for ten or twelve years and had a Rutland 910 on top until it disintegrated  sh*tfan after the second winter. I never replaced it as the Proven went up but this mast is right next to the new house site so I'm looking at options and following Biff and Ag's  exploits with interest  Wink

Cheers, Paul

http://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/

'Off grid' since 1985,  Proven 2.5kW, Proven 6kW direct heating, SMA SI6.OH, 800ah Rolls, 9kW PV ,4xTS45, Lister HR2 12kW, , Powerspout pelton, Stream Engine turgo, 60 x Navitron toobs and a 1500lt store. Outback VFX3048 and 950ah forklifts for backup,
merkland

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 10:49:44 PM »

Credit where it is due,it was Billy(the barge) that gave me the idea in the first place.
It is not perfect but it works reasonably well and the hand winch allows me to raise and lower it on my own. Before it was a two man job to raise or lower it safely.

Merkland.

200w wind turbine grid tied, 1x175w PV grid tie or to batteries,
2x55w PV to batteries, 24vx440ah battery bank. 3.5Kw grid tie (14xSanyo 250w facing 160degrees at 80 degrees inclination, Aurora 3.6 inverter), 2xflat panel water heating (for over 30 years )
clockmanFR

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 09:04:46 AM »

merkland,

That's a very smart way of doing it. Your Gin pole is permanent.

The only comment i have is that you might consider putting a temp cable /rope at the top of your wooden telegraph/ Gin Pole that goes to a ground anchor when lowering/raising, then there's no worry that the whole lot toppling over.

Off course depends on the weight of your turbine assembly, each one of mine weighs about 45-50kgs. 

clockmanFR

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 09:07:02 AM »

paul,

I love your shooting hide.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: