navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eco Eye PV Smart  (Read 125499 times)
Arny

« Reply #240 on: November 01, 2013, 04:22:42 PM »

Hi Ian,
Yes, PVOutput is just from Smart live feed through a PC.
I am having a look at the possibility of a batch feed from the card data but although relatively straightforward, there are quit a few things to think about.
Just working on a simple live feed program for Linux etc. so Raspberry Pi for example come into play. I am hoping that this will also work om Macs. A version for Windows will allow it to be auto started on boot up.  Should be available in a couple of weeks.

Regards
Peter
[/quote]

Hi everybody
I stumbled across this forum whilst googling automating uploads to PVOutput, what a wealth of info there is here.
I've have had an 8KW solar array installed for about a month now and am loving it! Shame I missed the great summer we had but there's always next year  Wink

Anyway, I have a Smart PV which I have just hooked up to a nettop pc that is in turn uploading to PVOutput. I saw this thread and noticed that Peter L was working on a live feed program to run on Linux.
I have little to no knowledge of Linux but am extremely happy to start a steep learning curve and give it a go. I love the idea of using a Raspberry PI to upload data 24/7 due to its low power requirements and stability. Failing that a windows version that will run from boot up would be great.
Are there any updates on either of these two projects that Peter mentioned as this thread seems to have gone quiet for a while?
Regards
Nige
Peter_L

« Reply #241 on: November 01, 2013, 05:24:56 PM »

Hi,
There is a lot going on and I am not managing to finish any of it!
1. New version if Trax that will work on Mac OSX and has a year graph
2. Standalone program for handling real time upload to various internet sites. This will be available for all platforms and will be able to be started at boot-up without the manual intervention required with Trax.
3. Raspberry Pi card image with the program mentioned in 2 above using web configuration so that it will be easy for anyone to use without knowledge of the Pi. However it will be open so dabbling will be welcome!
4 Various new projects!

1, 2 and 3 are very close to completion so it is just a matter of getting them done. There will be a newsletter when they are ready.

Hope that helps
Regards
Peter
Arny

« Reply #242 on: November 01, 2013, 06:23:33 PM »

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the quick reply.
Personally, no2 & no3 sound really interesting, especially the Pi card image.
I'm intrigued by no4!
Will the newsletter be available on the eco-eye website or via a mailing list?
Keep up the great work, it's appreciated.
Thanks
Nige
9fingers

« Reply #243 on: November 02, 2013, 02:05:24 PM »

I've just tried to get on the Eco eye website and it says 'account suspended'Huh

Anyone know if Eco eye are in trouble or is it just an IT fcuk up?

Bob
echase

« Reply #244 on: November 02, 2013, 05:18:53 PM »

Sure it is just an IT error. They were AOK yesterday.
9fingers

« Reply #245 on: November 02, 2013, 06:19:30 PM »

I was about to send the website addy to a friend who might be interested. I'll wait until it is back up first!

Cheers

Bob
Peter_L

« Reply #246 on: November 04, 2013, 08:50:26 AM »

Hi All,
Sorry about web site and email. It should be back up this morning.

Regards
Peter
romocommon

« Reply #247 on: December 10, 2013, 02:43:52 PM »

Hi
Probably best to start a new data store next time you do a Trax download then I can sort out your old data. I will set up a place for you to put the files on Monday. Make sure that you are on the latest version of Trax (2.2c) http://www.eco-eye.com/traxdownloads/
Regards
Peter

Looks as if upgrading from 2.2a to 2.2c has fixed it. It asked me if I wanted to convert the database to v2 which I said yes to even though presumably I was on v 2 anyway.

I would though like to archive/save this database, move my sensors to measure other things and start a new database. How do I do that?

[/quote]
Hi,
To start measuring something new: make sure you have downloaded everything from the card, go back into card on Trax and initialise the card. When you have some readings from the new system, select new rather than update in Trax, give it a name and away you go.
Regards
Peter
[/quote]

Hi ,
I do not get an update to Trax version 2.2c from the version 2.2b installed on my PC . Any suggestion ?

Has anyone studied the reading of Log files into Microsoft spreadsheets. I have found that a CSV saved (Hourly basis) only comes up with 23 hours in the day . I have read all the posts on this thread without finding a mention . Any comments ?

I have other issues still under investigation but my system has only been up 8 days so I need a bit longer to make a more meaningful post on these .

Any help ,specially on summated values would be appreciated .

romocommon

mccltd

« Reply #248 on: December 19, 2013, 07:02:14 AM »

I don't know whether this has been mentioned before but with my ecoeye uploading both used and generated power to pvoutput this recent iPhone App works great displaying both parts of data.

https://getsatisfaction.com/pvoutput/topics/new_iphone_app-u6efo?utm_content=reply_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=reply_notification

ianh64
« Reply #249 on: December 25, 2013, 10:44:43 PM »

Hi

Is there an SDK (or at least a feed spec) available for PV Smart?

Just got one for Christmas and thinking about writing a batch upload for third party monitoring sites.
Peter_L

« Reply #250 on: December 26, 2013, 11:03:38 AM »

Hi
The feed is very simple and the details are near the bottom of the trax page on the eco-eye web sitehttp://eco-eye.com/trax.html
A lot more will be coming soon including raspberry pi example programs

Best regards
Peter
ianh64
« Reply #251 on: December 26, 2013, 05:20:42 PM »

Any way to get historical data from the unit without unplugging the memory card?

Only gOt my unit yesterday and having run for ten or so minutes with like data from trax I enabled pvoutput feed. Within moments my unit lost wireless connection. I unplugged serial and went near meter and still nothing until I removed/replaced batteries. All ok until I connected serial cable again, moments later, wireless link died and unit needed battery removal.

Synopsis, running fine 24 hours then on two occasions moments after connecting to trax in pvoutput mode, display loses wireless connection and needed battery removed to recover. Seemed fine when trax not in pvoutput mode but need to confirm.
ianh64
« Reply #252 on: December 27, 2013, 08:10:49 PM »

Only gOt my unit yesterday and having run for ten or so minutes with like data from trax I enabled pvoutput feed. Within moments my unit lost wireless connection. I unplugged serial and went near meter and still nothing until I removed/replaced batteries. All ok until I connected serial cable again, moments later, wireless link died and unit needed battery removal.

Synopsis, running fine 24 hours then on two occasions moments after connecting to trax in pvoutput mode, display loses wireless connection and needed battery removed to recover. Seemed fine when trax not in pvoutput mode but need to confirm.
Something odd going on but further tests are not so conclusive.

Looks like I might be right on limit of reception and that plugging the serial lead in is enough to disrupt wireless signal.

I was able to partially recreate problem today and now think pvoutput is red herring. Certainly plugging in serial lead when in my office is enough to disrupt wireless link however, today I was able to reinstate the link most times without removal of batteries. In addition, I ran for many hours when connected to different PC in different room without wireless issues.

So I will monitor (pun intended) over next few days in different scenarios.
Peter_L

« Reply #253 on: December 28, 2013, 09:47:12 AM »

Something odd going on but further tests are not so conclusive.

Looks like I might be right on limit of reception and that plugging the serial lead in is enough to disrupt wireless signal.

I was able to partially recreate problem today and now think pvoutput is red herring. Certainly plugging in serial lead when in my office is enough to disrupt wireless link however, today I was able to reinstate the link most times without removal of batteries. In addition, I ran for many hours when connected to different PC in different room without wireless issues.

So I will monitor (pun intended) over next few days in different scenarios.

Hi,
Couple of things to check first. Make sure that the batteries are good and check the received radio strength.
Radio strength is round green button to time then red button. you should be getting a strength of better than -10.
Have you fitted the external antenna wire?
Howevery it sounds like you have a fault with the cable or the display and we would be happy to send you a replacement. Just email info@eco-eye.com with your details.
Best regards
Peter
JST200

« Reply #254 on: January 05, 2014, 12:38:50 PM »

Hi,

Happy New Year!

I only found this forum by chance, looking to see if anyone had developed anything on the Raspberry Pi for the Eco-Eye Smart PV. I'm really pleased to have found like minded souls now!  :-) I've had an Eco-Eye Smart PV since June 2012 and in the past I have always contacted Peter via email, so I'm glad to have another channel open.

After Christmas I am now the proud owner of a Raspberry Pi. I have been thinking about what to do with it and using it to capture date from the Smart PV and send it to PVOutput seemed an obvious choice. I've been using PVOutput since Oct 2011 and have written a VB program to upload my SunnyExplorer/SMA SunnyBoy output to it (go to www.pvoutput.org and search for "JST200" and select  the "JST200, Live" system). It would be excellent to upload my Smart PV data to it too!

So please include me on any Raspberry Pi release as you mentioned in the post above, please, Peter! Although I've not coded with Python before (only Macro 11, Macro 32, Fortran and VB) I'm up for giving it a go. So would be pleased to look at attempting some development work.

Cheers, Jim
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: