navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eco Eye PV Smart  (Read 120370 times)
Arny

« Reply #285 on: February 04, 2014, 04:57:01 PM »

I decided not to use the NAS and went with Ian's recommendation of his code with a RaspberryPi.
I have posted the details over in the Home Automation and Monitoring thread http://www.navitron.org.uk/forum/index.php/topic,21807.0.html

Nige
JST200

« Reply #286 on: February 26, 2014, 01:05:48 PM »

I've posted an alternative solution to IanH64's code at: http://www.navitron.org.uk/forum/index.php/topic,21807.msg257620.html#msg257620

I would like to say a massive thank you to IanH65 for his initial code - without which I wouldn't have known where to start!

Cheers, Jim

Postscript:
To avoid confusion with Ianh64's solution an new thread has been created specifically for mine:

http://www.navitron.org.uk/forum/index.php/topic,22190.msg257804.html#msg257804

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 11:29:14 AM by JST200 » Logged
bjp11scot

« Reply #287 on: March 01, 2014, 09:09:09 AM »

Hi Good People
Forgive me if this has already been covered - I have tried to search but find the technical discussions a little above my station

Is there a way that I can have the real time' displayed from the Smart to my laptop wirelessly?
Thanking you in advance
ianh64
« Reply #288 on: March 01, 2014, 09:16:14 AM »

I think the official evo eye one might have this when it is finally released
bjp11scot

« Reply #289 on: March 01, 2014, 09:45:06 AM »

IanH64 thanks for the response
Does this mean that when the particular version is finally released I will be able to adapt my Eco (just purchased it last month)?
ianh64
« Reply #290 on: March 01, 2014, 10:44:04 AM »

The ecoeye only has a serial connection that either connects to a PC running the ecoeye trax software or to another device such as raspberry pi that can log to an external server. From this a web browser could access the data in real time, but there is nothing that works like this at present.

Whilst trax is real time, you need to use the supplied cable and is not browser based.
bjp11scot

« Reply #291 on: March 01, 2014, 10:48:59 AM »

Thanks Ian
A little bit of a disappointment (constraint) but there you go  Smiley
ianh64
« Reply #292 on: March 01, 2014, 11:04:41 AM »

I did plan to add an iOS app to access my python script in real time however since hearing that the ecoeye offering might contain web server I decided to wait to see what that offered. But I think that either of these would require purchase of a raspberry pi and power supply (about 45) or a PC running 24/7 to facilitate either of these options as ecoeye has no wifi or network capabilities in its own right.
Peter_L

« Reply #293 on: March 03, 2014, 09:44:06 AM »

Hi All,
Much delayed but the Eco-eye Raspberry Pi offering is nearly ready.
It will be available as a plug and play sd image with a web interface for display and configuration.
It is the web bit that is taking a lot of developing.

Regards
Peter
ianh64
« Reply #294 on: March 03, 2014, 08:00:53 PM »

Looking forward to seeing the completed project. Does the web interface display the real time updates?

Good idea about posting the SD image - all the different build permutations I found made documenting the setup steps tricky when i published my script.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 09:05:18 PM by ianh64 » Logged
echase

« Reply #295 on: March 04, 2014, 11:33:50 AM »

On the transmitter of latest Smart PVs there is socket marked Aux. Can an extra current sensor be plugged in there? If so how do we get its data on screen and is it logged to card/USB like the other current sensors?

My unit is over 2 years old; can it also read the third socket? How to I upgrade the firmware to the latest?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 11:36:35 AM by echase » Logged
Peter_L

« Reply #296 on: March 07, 2014, 04:12:48 PM »

On the transmitter of latest Smart PVs there is socket marked Aux. Can an extra current sensor be plugged in there? If so how do we get its data on screen and is it logged to card/USB like the other current sensors?

My unit is over 2 years old; can it also read the third socket? How to I upgrade the firmware to the latest?

At the moment the aux socket is not in use and there is no firmware to use it. We are looking at using it to monitor the power being used by immersion controllers but there are some technical problems in both the transmitter and allowing for the extra data in the transmission and the storing of it on the card. No quick fix I am afraid.

Regards
Peter
zod

« Reply #297 on: May 08, 2014, 10:34:33 PM »

Hi All, new here first post, just had 4kw pv fitted and I have been reading through this post with great interest, this looks like just what I wanted, nearly...
At the beginning of the thread there was mention of appliance modules for switching things on and off, did these ever happen?
I cant seem to find them mentioned again anywhere, if these were available this would be ideal, or maybe they are still in the pipeline ! does anyone know?

Regards

Zod
cypher007

« Reply #298 on: May 09, 2014, 11:01:42 AM »

I was given one of these with a Trec unit by leeds solar and it seems to work well. it counts the light pulses.

http://www.currentcost.com/product-optismart.html

Look, I ain't in this for your revolution, and I'm not in it for you, princess (renewables). I expect to be well paid. I'm in it for the money.

Steca Coolcept-x 3600, Solarworld 265wp Mono-Black, 3.975kwp.
zod

« Reply #299 on: May 09, 2014, 10:29:41 PM »

Ive looked all over the place but I cant find out any information about the appliance modules for the eco eye, I would like the ability to turn something on or off remotely, so I was thinking about the wattson solar plus and using an optiplug, I thought this would do it but then I saw the total power REMU that was linked to on here somewhere, has anyone used one of these?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: