navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And now ...plan B  (Read 9192 times)
clockmanFR

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 02:22:03 PM »

When it dribbles on my head.

The grease comes down about 500mm inside the yaw bearing outer pipe.

Everything is possible, just give me TIME.
clivejo
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 05:36:53 PM »

I need a plan B ....

Can a turbine operate with only one blade?
Barrie

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 05:39:51 PM »

But then it will only be single phase  bike

Milton Keynes
agrarian

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 05:53:36 PM »

Clivejo,

I seem to remember reading years ago that a single blade was theoretically the most efficient but it would of course require a counterbalance.

Ag

2 x Yangzhou Shenzhou 2KW , 1.2KW pv, 540Ah@120v deep cycle, 2 x 2KW sine wave, off grid on a Snowdonia mountain. Never forget that the power varies as the CUBE of the windspeed.
clockmanFR

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 06:00:14 PM »

Hugh Piggott's got one flying near him, one of his youtube vids, very strange.

Baz

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 06:08:16 PM »

There is a popular model aircraft design for a sort of helicopter with one blade balanced by the motor where the other blade should be. You start it off balanced on a spike and as it speeds up it lifts off the spike.
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 06:46:26 PM »

wackoteapot,," biff ponders a no blade turbine"
               well i know a lad down in fermanagh who has a no blade turbine,, now beat that,!!!
                                                                                                   biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
SteveH

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 07:56:17 PM »

Often thought that turbines might be used to make wind on a still day so I can fly my Kite...?

Maybe if you stick a giant one of these  in a strong blow, you might be able to get some lectric off the motor.

tomatosplat

« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 07:58:32 PM by SteveH » Logged

Preveli, South Crete.
RobNute

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 08:33:33 PM »

Go with the brake pipe and grease nipple idea, it will always work. As for 2012, I got a good book for xmas which I have just finished called Apocalypse 2012 by Lawrence E Joseph, interesting stuff , seems that among other things fossil records show that every 63 - 65 million years there has been a mass extintion of up to 80 percent of living things , guess what, we are getting overdue for the next one! One theory being that we pass through a part of space that causes our meteor belts to go bananas and shower us with lovely big lumps of rock. Anyway, after reading the book I have emptied the bank account, got a new motorbike, and booked a bungy jump. Hope this isn't a knee jerk reaction. Seriously though the one thing that I did realise is how we look at time in frequencies based around our day, month, year etc, we dont really think in terms of laps around the milky way or which bit of space the milky way is traveling through, it may not all be plain sailing but Happy New Year and here's to 2013. fingers crossed!
clockmanFR

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 08:41:02 PM »

Thanks RobNute, a least you think my idea is a goer?

See folks, my ideas are not barmy then?

Look out here comes inuendo kid, (M).

clivejo
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 08:57:45 PM »

well i know a lad down in fermanagh who has a no blade turbine,, now beat that,!!!
                                                                                                   biff

Not funny!! My proven has no blades and my chinese things has one blade!
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012, 09:07:09 PM »

oh goodness clivejo, Shocked
                   that was not aimed at you,how could you think such a thing,? its me uncle seamus in derrygonelly who hides his turbine under the bed and thinks its the motor for a washing machine.the stumps of the blades are still sticking out of it.
                                                                                                                   biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
clivejo

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2012, 04:34:03 PM »

Your just a very mean man biff !!

Would you laugh at a one legged dog??

* DeadWindTurbine.jpg (118.66 KB, 554x686 - viewed 335 times.)

DISCLAIMER : Iím not responsible for anythingÖ for anything I say or do. Cos Iím a proud member of clan Eejit who once ruled Ireland.
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2012, 05:51:00 PM »

Oi Clive,
         I might,if it wer,nt my dawggggg but there are not many one legged dogs about and all the ones around here are called hoppy.its strange how they favour the one leg. whistlie
                                                      biff

baker

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2012, 10:11:15 PM »

Hi clive

why not get your proven going
 if you need some help i know some nice people that can help
 send me some pictures of the hub and the spring assembley
 and the back end  ,and will see if its a goer
 baker
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: