navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: report from an intermittent source energy home  (Read 1305 times)
billi
Global Moderator

« on: February 08, 2012, 12:48:59 PM »

I  have to say  it is close  these days , that my  power supply goes  down .....

I came home  after Christmas   and found a mouse  in a charge controller   peeing  all over the place ,   so had to wait  for about 5 weeks  to  get a replacement   to activate my needed 2.4 kw PV   again   cause this intermittent source   of energy  is essential to keep my grid working  also in winter  and during the night   cause i am able to store electricity  Lips Sealed,   during this time  waiting  , i had to drain our storage lake - our emergency backup   , that holds ca 100 kwh electricity    each day a bid ..... ,  my windturbine sure  was one of the most helpfull guys , even it could produce more ...... damm it  should have a few more ,   

I have two ( radio-active)  or is it called remote controlled   Grin diesel generators  as  backup supply   , but both failed in the last weeks

I have a brush problem  to excite the generator   stir  and  rare  to source , but in the post ,   ..... we are close to  buy in electricity from our French neighbours  , but they said , they have non spare and  use  too much these days cause of their electric heating    ........    even my German  neighbours said they have no unit to share at the moment  cause they have agreements with other neighbours  to help ,  the German Guy was a  bid grumpy , when i asked ( typical  Grin) .... but understandable  when he mentioned that the French use about double the amount of Electricity  these days in winter cause of their concept  , but with ca 15 Million lesser people ........than Germany    anyhow    went home with no unit to share

Any how  lets get not too deep in those National  ideas    , cause the German neighbour had  so much coal on the fire   , that i thought  they have to work hard on their concept  to  avoid black smoke out of the chimney , i have to say , the Frenshs  chimney was clean burning   nearly  an illusion of  smoke only

Anyhow  i walked home  and it started to rain   heavily   and my stored hydro lake is filling up faster than my 1 kw Waterturbine can drain 

Hope the rain lasts  , or the sun comes out , or the wind picks up , or the brushes arrive

Have to pick up my son now from the "Kindergarten"  and drive the "nicest road  of the world "    he  says

Billi

1.6 kw and 2.4 kw   PV array  , Outback MX 60 and FM80 charge controller  ,24 volt 1600 AH Battery ,6 Kw Victron inverter charger, 1.1 kw high head hydro turbine as a back up generator , 5 kw woodburner, 36 solar tubes with 360 l water tank, 1.6 kw  windturbine
Lurk

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 12:59:30 PM »

chuck a couple of the french on your wbs !   Grin
stannn
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 03:22:32 PM »

Where do you live, Billi?
Stan

2.45 kWp PV (Navitron supply), 40 evacuated tubes (Navitron supply), Clearview 650 log burner with back-boiler heating cottage and water, 2 off 50W border collies, 1 off 35W cat, 1 off 25W cat.
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 03:36:37 PM »

Cant burn Frenchman   fight  

I am     close to New York  ,  just a lake in between  ,   actually its  south west of Ireland

Merde  like the French would say , the  rain stopped , and i started the dishwasher   to please my lady with a clean kitchen when she comes home  ..... so that will take a  kwh  or so out of my battery

Convinced my son that the laptop is the better TV  , without telling him  that it draws only a third , but told him can make "Kinderüberaschung "

Scheiße   how the Germans would say   , cause only    a few kwh left in my battery ,   and    fingers crossed!  rain was enough  to keep my turbine running

I  guess i ask my Norway neighbour  later .....   he is  a very reliable one  , when i need a unit of electricity   on the odd day or two a year  

Sh$te  situations  can  happen  Grin
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 04:43:35 AM by billi » Logged

1.6 kw and 2.4 kw   PV array  , Outback MX 60 and FM80 charge controller  ,24 volt 1600 AH Battery ,6 Kw Victron inverter charger, 1.1 kw high head hydro turbine as a back up generator , 5 kw woodburner, 36 solar tubes with 360 l water tank, 1.6 kw  windturbine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: