navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which do you put in the cup first when pouring tea?
Milk - 13 (39.4%)
Tea - 20 (60.6%)
either - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Milk or tea in first?  (Read 27666 times)
martin

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2008, 02:57:51 PM »

whistlie

* latin15.gif (3.04 KB, 250x40 - viewed 527 times.)

Unpaid volunteer administrator and moderator (not employed by Navitron) - Views expressed are my own - curmudgeonly babyboomer! - http://www.farmco.co.uk
northern installer

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008, 04:06:26 PM »

this one's for you Ken"ex fumo dare lucem"

"government scrappage scheme still available on Tardis trade ins (dont ask how we get around the deadline...)"
northern installer

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2008, 04:41:19 PM »

whistlie
"I dont like roger,his labrador keeps humpimg my leg"

"government scrappage scheme still available on Tardis trade ins (dont ask how we get around the deadline...)"
northern installer

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 05:44:15 PM »

Sorry NI, I thought that's what they all ate up North  Huh Suppose you're scared of black pudding and tripe too  Grin. All posts are unfortunately a result of my unaided  angel imagination ie I guess I must just be mad  wackoold.
Re offset sarking junctions - please could you deliver them to the Navitron warehouse in Oakham  Cheesy
Oh almost forgot, perscriptio in manibus tabellariorum est  whistlie

hmmmn? you left your prescription for vallium in the minibus? thought you were ranting a bit!
Chuck some black pudding in with the bacon doll;   ey up! it puts lead in yer pencil Cheesy

KenB

Energy Self Enlightenment

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2008, 05:44:29 PM »

NI, List,

Handy online Latin Translator here.

http://www.translation-guide.com/free_online_translators.php?from=English&to=Latin

Just inscribe the Latin phrase you want translating on a wax tablet or parchment scroll, ship to Rome and within 6 months you will get an almost incomprehensible answer by return messenger.

Regarding the original poll, from which this discussion has deteriorated, I always put the teabag in first and pour on boiling water.  I then remove the teabag, put it in the compost caddy, add the level teaspoon of sugar and then the milk.  Although purists will say this practice scalds the milk, I hate fishing teabags from mugs where someone has added the milk first.

If it coffee (instant), I add the milk first to the coffee powder and sugar and then add the water. This might make the coffee not dissolve for a while but it saves scalding the milk, which affects the final taste.

Ken
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 05:47:31 PM by KenB » Logged
northern installer

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2008, 05:53:03 PM »

TEABAGS Shocked us proper northerners all have bushey moustaches to filter out the tealeaves when drinking a PROPER cup of tea: take a 1 pint mug,well seasoned;add 2 spoons of tealeaves;pour on boiling water,if you own a saucer,put it over the top,if not,borrow the cats dish.Leave for 5 minutes;during this time you can apply first aid to the hand that held the cats dish;add a little milk,for best results,less than a week old,and 5 spoons of sugar NOW THATS A CUP OF TEA  Grin.......another cucumber sandwich vicar?

KenB

Energy Self Enlightenment

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2008, 06:23:22 PM »

NI,

The concept of a "northerner" depends from where you come from. It's a matter of relative geographical locations.

For someone who spent a lot of his early life in central Scotland, does that still make me a namby-pamby southerner?  Wink

Ken
Ivan
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 06:39:07 PM »

That's a nice armaflex kettle - how did you get it to stick?
guydewdney

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2008, 07:43:36 PM »

sticky backed armaflex... comes in rolls.... off fleabay... great for finishing off the install - and p***ing the missus off - aparantly thats 'a bloody fifty quid kettle, and now it looks like a pikey kettle' - I did ask her last night if I could insulate it  Roll Eyes and she said yes! hmmm - marital bliss.

Pic of wheel on day 1
7.2kW Waterwheel and 9.8kW PV
northern installer

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2008, 12:05:01 AM »

NI,

The concept of a "northerner" depends from where you come from. It's a matter of relative geographical locations.

For someone who spent a lot of his early life in central Scotland, does that still make me a namby-pamby southerner?  Wink

Ken
Ken,I think it is all relative,and and may be decided by things like putting the milk in first,or by living south of an arbitrary line drawn somewhere south of what the person what is drawing it lives.perhaps.

rob26440

Clear off birds!

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2008, 08:44:41 AM »

For us real coffee drinkers.  Daily routine, starting as early as possible:

1. Grind good quality beans.  Doesn't have to be the most expensive but definitely NOT DECAFFEINATED.
2. Use a decent coffee maker (i.e. not one with a hot plate and glass jar combination that burns the coffee) and a good paper filter.
3. Use filtered water.
4. Allow machine to do its stuff.
5. Pour coffee into a china cup/mug.
6. Drink and enjoy. (Do not taint palate with biscuits/other tasty goodies - have them separately.)
7. Have another cupful.
8. Repeat the process 6 to 8 times a day.  More if you wish! (Last cup around 23:00 hrs.)

NO MILK.  NO SUGAR.  JUST BLACK AND AS STRONG AS YOU CAN TAKE IT.

Wonderful.

Sleepless nights?  Never been a problem.  Sleep is annoying but necessary.  A decent sized bladder also helps.

Also enjoy just good, old-fashioned, plain/filtered cold water.

Tea?  Sorry - Can't stand the stuff.

Rob.

S/E England. 30x58mm tubes, S/W facing 40deg pitched roof, 216L primary and 184L secondary cylinders, TDC3 with home-made, separate controller to switch between cylinders, 15mm tubing with min 25mm insulation.
wyleu
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2008, 09:19:40 AM »

tea total

That's one smite right there . Angry
ajstoneservices
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2008, 09:53:47 AM »

That's one smite right there .

Cry
rob26440

Clear off birds!

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2008, 11:47:02 AM »

Seems like an unfair smite to me.  I thought it was rather a good comment.  (Maybe I'll get smitten for siding with AJS)  Can we have a poll on whether or not AJS has been hard done by.  Roll Eyes

S/E England. 30x58mm tubes, S/W facing 40deg pitched roof, 216L primary and 184L secondary cylinders, TDC3 with home-made, separate controller to switch between cylinders, 15mm tubing with min 25mm insulation.
Eleanor

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2008, 11:54:24 AM »

Ken

Nescio quid dicas  Roll Eyes. Vah! Denuone latin loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur  Tongue. Unitam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant  Grin

I have a terrible confession to make  Shocked I have in my possession a Swan Teasmade  wackoold. I even have two  wackoteapot s so I can drink lots of tea without getting out of bed  Wink. Note seamless return to thread subject  angel.

Must go, senito aliquos togatos contra me conspirare  wackoold. NI, where have you hidden my valium again?  Angry

I'm doing this for free, please be nice to me surrender
"Very few batteries die a natural death ... most are murdered" stir
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: