navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which do you put in the cup first when pouring tea?
Milk - 13 (39.4%)
Tea - 20 (60.6%)
either - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Milk or tea in first?  (Read 27841 times)
northern installer

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2008, 11:58:53 AM »

I even have two  wackoteapot s so I can drink lots of tea without getting out of bed   

Eleanor,isnt that a contradiction in terms?

"government scrappage scheme still available on Tardis trade ins (dont ask how we get around the deadline...)"
Eleanor

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2008, 12:23:56 PM »

Not a problem for me NI, I have a bedroom commode  Cheesy. I am planning a camping holiday and am a bit concerned about the toilet privileges there so I have written to the campsite owner to see if they have a BC for me to use when I am there. I have received quite a worrying reply  Huh

"Dear Madam:

I regret very much the delay in answering your letter, but I now take pleasure in informing you that a B.C. is located nine miles north of the campground and is capable of seating 250 people at the same time.

I admit that it is quite a distance away and if you are in the habit of going regularly it may seem too far, but, no doubt, you will make a day of it, and you might be pleased to know that a great number of people take their lunches along, so you won't feel alone, as they make a day of it, too.

They usually arrive early and stay late. The last time my wife and I went was six years ago and it was so crowded we had to stand up the whole time we were there.

It may interest you to know that right now there is a supper planned to raise money to buy more seats. They're going to hold it in the basement of the B.C.

If you decide to come to our campground, perhaps I could go with you the first time, sit with you, and introduce you to all the other folks.

Remember, this is a friendly community!"

I'm doing this for free, please be nice to me surrender
"Very few batteries die a natural death ... most are murdered" stir
northern installer

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2008, 03:05:44 PM »

hmmmn,it certainly beats the 'three seater' holes in a plank kludgy!

"government scrappage scheme still available on Tardis trade ins (dont ask how we get around the deadline...)"
northern installer

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2008, 03:12:35 PM »

Eleanor,I am somewhat puzzled by your last post,without wanting to go into intimate detail,how do you plan to target the commode without getting out of bed? Huh

wyleu
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2008, 04:47:33 PM »

What fresh hell is this ?
Eleanor

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2008, 10:21:38 PM »

Lord Wyleu, you need to keep up with the plot, you can't just keep popping in and out smiting poor innocents  wackoold. What have you done with Bob, he has gone very quiet  Sad. I am wondering if he has mixed up my valium and his little blue dibber seeds and is lying comatosed somewhere  Tongue
Eleanor,I am somewhat puzzled by your last post,without wanting to go into intimate detail,how do you plan to target the commode without getting out of bed? Huh
NI,  Wink

I'm doing this for free, please be nice to me surrender
"Very few batteries die a natural death ... most are murdered" stir
northern installer

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2008, 11:08:23 PM »

Eleanor, Kiss

frotter

I'm not gay or owt....

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2008, 11:29:24 PM »

HE WHO CONTROLS THE LARD - CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE!!   Its me, incidentally..
wyleu
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2008, 11:42:27 AM »

Scrote, yelped, then furtively glanced around.
He shook his hand in anticipation of the pain that the already revealed purple blister revealed, and glared accusatively at the wire strippers. It was the kind of slip he hated most and muttered his contempt for the tools of the trade. He examined the end of the wire, pronounced it good and squeezed it under the screw in the junction box. He closed up the box and headed for the door.
He braced himself, and twirled the catch on the watertight seal. The brief tear of the seal, already revealed the high pitched sqreech that came from the other side of the door. Scrote braced himself, closed the door behind him and started to scrabble down the tube.
There was an instant change in the noise, it took or are more menacing, deeper, purposeful edge, and the impacts on the mesh of the tube increased in ferocity.
He grasped the spinner on the door and nibberly slipped throu' and closed the door all in one movement.
You could feel the worry receed, even in the low red light of the engine room, and it only took a nod from Scrote for the room to swing into action, and quickly the angry red light was replaced by a bright yellowy white. A gentle hum rose to a low but confident purr and the 'room started sway to a forward motion.
Scrote exchanged a couple of glances and headed up the back step onto the backdeck, where a black cowled figure stood, calmly leaning in to the tiller.
She acknowledged Scrote but didn't take her eyes off the bridge ahead.
''Poor lad never stood a chance",
'He slipped?'
'Naaah not him...'
'That's,.... surprising, What does his Lordship think..?'
'Who knows??..', although I think he smells a rat...',
She sneared at the quip.
'Possibly a she-rat...',
'Scrote, tensed suddenly and whipped a knife across the gunwhal towards the bank. There was an accompaning squeak.
'The woman, took the time to look round but other than that showed little or no surprise.
'So she's back is she?'
'Looks like it'.
They noosed the boat into the lock and watched as three maidens leapt ablely ashore and worked the lock with breahtaking efficiency. Scrote' stepped ashore and waved with an utterly false smile at a twitching curtain at the lockkeeper's cottage. He walked up the lock and waited for the boat to rise.
'The woman looked up, blinking in the sun.
'Scrote,She'll be wanting the Tea run back...',
' Eye, that and others',
'You be careful, Scrote'
I will that Miss Melinda,...'
'And give my regards to his lordship...'
'Of Course'

Scrote without breaking his stride stepped across onto an identical boat heading down the opposite lock, and it's engine opened up as soon as he put his foot aboard.
'Melinda turned and shouted back,
'Enjoy the Rabbit...'.

Her crew stepped onto the backdeck as she crossed the threshold.
And the three looked up with a nervous anticipation,
'There is news',
'It would appear that Lady Eleanor has appeared from the fog again.
'The three flinched at the name,'
'All mine, All mine... murmured Melinda.

Jonzjob

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2008, 04:47:27 PM »

A quick question if I may Wyleu?

Have you been on the wacky backy?? Huh Huh

As a matter of interest you can't make good tea if you are in an unpressurised aircraft at anything over 6000 feet. This is because the water 'boils' at below 100 dec C and will not disolve the vital elements in the tea leaves that release the flavour and caffine. And as for sugar. It should never go anywhere near tea or coffee!!

Talking of Tetleys, I prefer Josh to Walker Tetleys, but above that I much prefer better beers like Green King Abbot and Wadworth 6X. Tetleys isn't too bad, for a Northern beer and the only head that I like to see on my beer is mine  police. Mind you these daze I think that I prefer a nice refreshing glass of Ricard with 3 lumps of ice in it, one for the glass, one for the pernod and onr for France. That is the French tradition and you can leave one lump out in the winter and it doesn't matter which one it is  whistlie !!

wyleu
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2008, 05:28:11 PM »

Oh, the nefarious do-ings of the various wyleu alter ego's are many and varied... wackoteapot

But I put it down to an over developed sense of whimsy, and if you don't understand the above piece then you really won't even begin to get your head round Tower Tales.

Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: