navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "Dent" in Daily German Power generation  (Read 9804 times)
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2013, 10:04:56 AM »

I have the graphs from here

http://www.agora-energiewende.de/service/aktuelle-stromdaten/stromerzeugung-und-verbrauch/

1.6 kw and 2.4 kw   PV array  , Outback MX 60 and FM80 charge controller  ,24 volt 1600 AH Battery ,6 Kw Victron inverter charger, 1.1 kw high head hydro turbine as a back up generator , 5 kw woodburner, 36 solar tubes with 360 l water tank, 1.6 kw  windturbine
JohnS

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2013, 03:04:44 PM »

What is the differene between the red line and the grey?

Google translate did not help much.

Is it something to do with (some) solar not being in the total generated but being a reduction from consumption?

2.1kWp solar PV
ecogeorge

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2013, 09:42:32 PM »

Ciould someone tell me what the grey is ?
George.
Pat_

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2013, 10:22:34 PM »

The page that this came from says that the data they are receiving has some obvious errors. I guess that is causing the confusion. (The red line seems to be the total power usage, and the grey curve seems to be the conventional power station production.)
billt

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2013, 11:31:35 AM »

Further down the page it says

"If the gray area (generation from conventional power plants) exceeds the load curve, Germany is a net exporter of electricity, falls below net importer of electricity."

I'd guess that the grey area is total generation, (the graph doesn't make sense if it was just conventional generation) and the red line is total consumption.
Pat_

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2013, 01:08:14 PM »

Ah thanks billt, should have read further...
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2018, 10:18:12 AM »

so where are we going ?  over   5 years past after that post

We talk about intermitentcy of   Wind and PV  and the big need of storrage ,  and i am wondering if that discussion  is only good or sometimes counterproductive ??

In my eyes this graph tells me , there should be at least double the amount of PV and Wind  power installed  now , even with no complete storrage solution idea , so what are we waiting for ?  And this is March 2018,  where people have to heat and drive, so much more renewable energy in total needed, beside  electricity

https://www.energy-charts.de/power.htm?source=all-sources&year=2018&month=3

just an exampe from Germany  ... whistlie norfolk

* Screenshot_2018-12-07 Electricity production Energy Charts.jpg (597.34 KB, 1350x918 - viewed 56 times.)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 10:20:20 AM by billi » Logged

1.6 kw and 2.4 kw   PV array  , Outback MX 60 and FM80 charge controller  ,24 volt 1600 AH Battery ,6 Kw Victron inverter charger, 1.1 kw high head hydro turbine as a back up generator , 5 kw woodburner, 36 solar tubes with 360 l water tank, 1.6 kw  windturbine
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: