navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RHPP Phase-2 : "Meter Ready" : Whazzat?  (Read 5058 times)
davec

« on: April 03, 2012, 05:00:39 PM »

The Renewable Heat Payment Premium, Phase-2 encourages heat pump installations to be "meter ready" so that their metering team can install monitoring equipment, otherwise they withold 20% of the payment:-

http://www.decc.gov.uk/en/content/cms/meeting_energy/renewable_ener/premium_pay/factsheet/factsheet.aspx

Does anyone know what sort of metering they want to fit and what sort of connections they would need into the system? Ideally is there an official definition or specification of "meter readiness"?

DaveC
davec

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 11:46:28 AM »

Just off the phone to the DECC enquiries desk. Apparently the technical spec for this is not yet final but they hope to have it available in time for the scheme kicking off on 1st May... (plan is to eMail the installer checklist, including "meter ready" topics, to the applicant along with the RHPP voucher).

I.e. "Watch this space".
titan

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 05:11:28 PM »

More goalpost moving, I got the full grant last August no mention of "meter ready" then. Where will the meter be fitted, most GSHP have the output  diverter ufh/dhw  valve very close to the heat pump plus this section is meant to be plastic to minimise vibration no room on my installation for a meter there. I did read somewhere that it is the flow from the ground array that is being metered, I expect we will get to know eventually.
StationHouse
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 05:20:11 PM »

I believe a heat meter is going to be installed on my ASHP along with their other monitoring caboodle [DECC/EST]  Sad
GavinA

Solar installer

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 08:45:14 PM »

I assume meter ready would simply mean that it had a section of pipe in an appropriate place for a meter that had 2 stop cocks either side of it to make it a simple task to install the meter once they've stopped pissing around. determined the spec

at home | 80 tubes, 2 tanks direct PV powered SWH + Navitron supplied PV 5 x Yingli 185Wp solar panels
BruceB

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 09:17:37 PM »

Yes, it is exactly that and I have read a draft spec within the last 2 weeks, which I looked for when I first saw this thread but cannot now find.
davec

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 10:20:25 AM »

There's this: http://www.rhincentive.co.uk/library/regulation/1103Heat_Metering.pdf report from sep-2010, laying out some of the possibilities.

Likewise, I'm assuming an in-line meter measuring flow and delta-T to give delivered energy, Thing is, we're running pipes now so I'm keen to see a definitive spec, e.g. how big a section of pipe, in what appropriate place, with which particular couplings...

BruceB: Did the draft you saw make any mention of monitoring the electrical supply so they could determine efficiency?
BruceB

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 06:19:32 PM »

Not that I recall, but it would make sense.  I am annoyed I cannot now find the document and am wondering whether it was put up prematurely on the DECC or EST site and then taken down again, because I bumped into it refreshing my knowledge on RHPP and RHI.
davec

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 09:40:14 AM »

Found a FAQ + questionnaire via google "bre rhpp monitor", dated Feb-2012, attributed to Building Research Establishment with mention of the Mark Group. These docs are under the energysavingtrust.org.uk site but, oddly, don't seem to be directly accesible from its home page.

Some clues about the type of metering equipment installed but looks mostly geared to retrofit (e.g. question about drain down valves)... I think not enough detail to prepare a new installation.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 09:45:26 AM by davec » Logged
StationHouse
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 10:09:37 AM »

DECC/EST mentioned in their communication to us it would be the Mark Group installing the equipment.
GavinA

Solar installer

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 01:16:34 PM »

jobs for the big boys eh... stir

at home | 80 tubes, 2 tanks direct PV powered SWH + Navitron supplied PV 5 x Yingli 185Wp solar panels
JonG

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 02:56:31 PM »

We have been sent the PDF by the EST detailing the requirements for the monitoring gear, if anyone wants a copy PM me. We also had to fill in a questionnaire which included questions for us to answer about whether we would be prepared to install the meters for a fee and what that fee would be, so it might not just be the big boys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: