navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: oh so much .....  (Read 3019 times)
billi
Global Moderator

« on: April 28, 2012, 12:47:23 PM »

Hiya    just had a look at my  chargecontrollers display  and found   in the history   that he  was able to produce 2800 kw  from my 2450 watt PV array    Shocked    and 89 AMPS   but he is only rated  80 AMPS ......

Well   i kinda belief him cause love him , but ......

1.6 kw and 2.4 kw   PV array  , Outback MX 60 and FM80 charge controller  ,24 volt 1600 AH Battery ,6 Kw Victron inverter charger, 1.1 kw high head hydro turbine as a back up generator , 5 kw woodburner, 36 solar tubes with 360 l water tank, 1.6 kw  windturbine
DaveSnafu

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 12:57:18 PM »

Hi Billi, yeah seen 2800w in the history of my fm80, with 2100w system, my 210w panels consistently run at 230-235w, seen it for hours on end.
My system is usually on float by midday, have to really load the inverter to see some big numbers.

Proven wt2500,24v batteries,running house,navitron solar thermal integrated tank, 10 x 210w eclipse italia pv, wbs,
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 01:08:52 PM »

Smiley  Nice one

My 1000 Watt AC heater is on  since weeks now  during the day    kicks in at about 29 volt ...........

I wish id have an electric car  ( but for that i assume the celtic tiger has to come back first  Roll Eyes  )

1.6 kw and 2.4 kw   PV array  , Outback MX 60 and FM80 charge controller  ,24 volt 1600 AH Battery ,6 Kw Victron inverter charger, 1.1 kw high head hydro turbine as a back up generator , 5 kw woodburner, 36 solar tubes with 360 l water tank, 1.6 kw  windturbine
clivejo

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 07:37:30 PM »

( but for that i assume the celtic tiger has to come back first  Roll Eyes  )

We'll have to find him first, he seems to have gone missing!

DISCLAIMER : Iím not responsible for anythingÖ for anything I say or do. Cos Iím a proud member of clan Eejit who once ruled Ireland.
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 08:04:48 PM »

.... just finished the cage  whistlie

biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 08:07:11 PM »

No problem Clive,
               Our enda says that the good times are back,,He says we trounced the deficit last week,,So go ahead Billi and buy that lecky car,,im going to hold on for a while longer,Im still trying to figure out how we managed to raise 400billion so quickly.. Tongue.
  Could it be that our bhoys are telling moreeeeeee porkies,,
                                                            Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
Eleanor

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 09:20:59 PM »

Just looking at the manual (well it is Sat night  Roll Eyes) the 80A rating is continuous at 40C ambient temperature so maybe it can run at higher currents at lower temperatures? I assumed that it was limited to 80A but it would appear not  onpatrol

I'm doing this for free, please be nice to me surrender
"Very few batteries die a natural death ... most are murdered" stir
Justme

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 09:25:01 PM »

Just looking at the manual (well it is Sat night  Roll Eyes) the 80A rating is continuous at 40C ambient temperature so maybe it can run at higher currents at lower temperatures? I assumed that it was limited to 80A but it would appear not  onpatrol

It is but it does take time for the protection to kick in.

The over 80amps period wont last long.

Navitron solar thermal system
30 x 58mm panel 259L TS
1200watts solar 120vdc
FX80 Solar controller
Victron 12v 3000w 120a
6kva genny
6 x 2v cells 1550amp/h 5C
24 x 2v cells 700amp/h 5C
Total bank 4350 amp/h 5C
Eleanor

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 09:30:58 PM »

Makes sense. I've noticed that the maximum voltage also rises above the set limit when it's rearranging the volts and amps  Tongue

I'm doing this for free, please be nice to me surrender
"Very few batteries die a natural death ... most are murdered" stir
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 10:11:44 PM »

.... i am not surprised he goes over 80 A   and i think i read that he can , somewhere before

sure if i think about normal panels  or mine they are about 34 volt VMPP    muliplied by 80 A  would translate to over 2700 watt ...... sure cause tracked down towards battery voltage  of ca 31 Volt .... AMPS rise ...  but nice one that he does this high Amps for that moment  genuflect

clivejo

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 11:01:34 PM »

Interesting how your charge controller is male.  All my equipment tends to get female names!!

Especially when something goes wrong, and they get called names like "a female dog", or "promiscuous woman", coupled that with some obscene swearing and some prayers!

DISCLAIMER : Iím not responsible for anythingÖ for anything I say or do. Cos Iím a proud member of clan Eejit who once ruled Ireland.
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 11:24:36 PM »

you know .....  i am  still a learner .....  that all machinery here in Ireland is female  ....

A German greenhorn , like me 15 years back ,   would perhaps reacted aggressively , when the irish neighbour came over and we lean on the bonnet of my truck   ,  he saying  "  Is she working ok  for you ?"   Me   friendly  " Why ? ... its ok ",   

He " I heard they can give trouble "    Me "sure , i know its not easy "

He " Some dont last long , cause of the climate over here" ,,,,, Me " Will see ...."  ,   
He " You should treat her with old engine oil , so she will not rot as fast "    ...... Me  slowly understands now he meant my car not my wife  Grin.....

Sorry sometimes  i just forget   to use She   for machines , most of them are male in Germany  or without any Sex

But my Frida   the small 3.5 ton Digger , she is Fit like a fiddle

Billi

I

biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 11:20:55 AM »

Good one Billi, fingers crossed!
                 Yup!! all the good machines are female and if it starts going wrong ,then it becomes a right bloody illigitimate.If you are trying to sell your machine then it is important to refer to it as a she and romantically close to your heart.If you try selling a "it" people will thing it let you down at a bad time or gave you loads of bother."Well thats the end if that"
        However,i am sure that you know by now,that the opposite of the above is actually the truth and you can bet your last euro that the farmer selling the massey35 and crooning over the bonnet,telling you about the big hills she came up in top gear with 20 tons of spuds in 4 bags in the link box will not say a word about the oil bubbling out the stick or the fact that she has pulled down a liner....".She might just be a weee bit hard to start,,but so are all the good ones but by god when she starts there is no stopping her working."
 I could not count the times i had to listen to this drivel but the only thing i wonder is,,how much they really know..everything..
                                Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
M

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012, 01:07:40 PM »

you know .....  i am  still a learner .....  that all machinery here in Ireland is female  ....

He " You should treat her with old engine oil , so she will not rot as fast "    ...... Me  slowly understands now he meant my car not my wife  Grin.....

Billi

Could still have been talking about the wife?

Mart.

PS My beloved Firebird was definitely female. So much pleasure to take out, but I was always broke afterwards.

M.

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012, 01:16:15 PM »

yeah , sometimes you never know  whistlie

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: