navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FITs meter-reader visit  (Read 1676 times)
Ivan

« on: May 22, 2012, 12:59:30 AM »

A couple of days ago, I had a surprise visit from a meter reader - specifically to read my generation meter and export meter. I've had Solar PV at the property for several years, and this is the first time anyone has come to read it. I wondered whether it is suspicion-related, as they always seemed to have trouble understanding why my export reading is almost as high as my generation reading (reason = the export meter registered export from an ROC PV system which was installed a few years earlier and decommissioned to make way for a FITs system).

The meter-reader said he had several other properties to do locally and all MUST be read by the following day at the latest.

Has anyone else had meter-readers visit to read their Generation/Export meters?

www.epogee.co.uk - Solar PV & Solar Thermal Training / MCS
JohnS

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 06:59:57 AM »

I had a meter rader for the import meter last week.  He had no interest in the generation meter, even though I get FITs through my supplier.

john

2.1kWp solar PV
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 10:59:42 AM »

My generation and export meters were read for the first time ever about a month ago. The regs require it is done at least once every two years, but this was the first time in six years.

The very same bloke came back a week later to read the import meter. !!!

Volunteer moderator
skyewright

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 10:11:34 AM »

My generation and export meters were read for the first time ever about a month ago. The regs require it is done at least once every two years, but this was the first time in six years.
The very same bloke came back a week later to read the import meter. !!!
Since we have an export meter fitted (just over a year ago) our usual (SSE) meter reader now always notes the export meter reading as well as the import meter one.  So far he hasn't been interested in the FIT meter.

Regards
David
3.91kWp PV  (17 x Moser Baer 230 and Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-S-UK), slope 40, WSW, Lat 57 9' (Isle of Skye)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: