navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Solar powered coffee!  (Read 15556 times)
rebeccac

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 11:18:01 AM »

We have no electricity in our old ruin in italy yet so we use solar showers to heat water but it takes 5 hours even on a hot day.I think these ideas for heating 'coffee' water are great!

Thanks all we'll give it a go.We are veggies so can't test it on the sausages or fish fingers!

www.myabruzzohome.com
wyleu
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 10:42:51 PM »

If Ivan could source a suitable cap then there's a nice little product...
Amaterasu

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 08:26:49 AM »

For those that are still waiting for pics............ of solar sausages.

I am still waiting for sufficient sun power.

The King and Queen of New Jersey are coming to stay this weekend, (Kate's sister and Brother in Law who live in the states) so I may try to impress them!

Geoff.........
Antman
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2007, 01:15:39 PM »

Well - look on the bright side. If you give 'em under-cooked 'solar' sausages, it's a good way of making sure they don't outstay their welcome  Grin

20 x 47mm, 172 l cylinder, Heat Dump, 15 x Sanyo HIT-H250E, SB4000TL,  Nestor Martin IQ13 WBS
DIY Solar System Support at http://www.handyantman.co.uk/antman.html
All support is voluntary and free of charge. I'm not employed by Navitron so responses may not be same-day
Ivan
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2007, 02:23:32 AM »

Chris, I'd already thought about that - I have 200 winging their way to me. We're planning to offer Solar Powered Tea and Coffee at the BGG. I also hoping to test-run the rig this weekend at Brockhampton, as they are having a renewables weekend (if anyone fancies dropping in)

compostwoman

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2007, 11:20:49 PM »

Chris, I'd already thought about that - I have 200 winging their way to me. We're planning to offer Solar Powered Tea and Coffee at the BGG. I also hoping to test-run the rig this weekend at Brockhampton, as they are having a renewables weekend (if anyone fancies dropping in)

I tried it at Lower Brockhampton..........it was good! ............also on offer was soup.and tea.........such a good idea!

and Ivan I was the compostwoman you chatted to, who gave you the book?  re the BGG?.....wait for a call....

and if you ever want more compost advice or IR advice..........pm me Wink

Compost! Everybody should do it!
http://compostbins.blogspot.com
Joules
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2007, 10:00:56 PM »

OK, I just read all the stuff about a solar kettle, and would like to know how I get hold of one....

Joules in Rotherham...

p.s
    Ivan we are also interested in a solar PV system, but need more info on that one.
Ivan
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2007, 11:09:02 PM »

You can collect from Monmouth, Oakham, from the BGG, or from Solarwind in E. Sussex. More distributors will be adding to their product range soon. Unfortunately, not easy or economical to ship them by post!!

Ivan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: