navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help, battery conundrum, its too big for the hole!  (Read 6738 times)
camillitech

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2012, 06:48:04 PM »

Hey camilitech, I'm checking out your Funk D'void (Original Disc Jockey & purveyor of the Luxury Techno sound) flyer in the back ground. Are you guilty of chucking shapes or dad dancing in the past?

I would have thought Gary Numan with his Are Friends Electric track would be more applicable to this battery derived thread.  hysteria

I met him after that gig and he signed a CD for me, AWESOME  Cool

video shot in Glencoe and Luss  Grin

The thing with trimming the post or using a hole saw is that the wire strands go into the post so not quite so easy to cut or trim without the drill wandering. A set of cheapo chinky crimpers will see you through all the wind turbine, battery, boat and Land Rover jobs you will ever do for a mere £30, money well invested if you ask me  Cool

Cheers, Paul

http://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/

'Off grid' since 1985,  Proven 2.5kW, Proven 6kW direct heating, SI6.OH, 800ah Rolls, 4.75kW PV ,4xTS45, Lister HR2 12kW, , Powerspout pelton, Stream Engine turgo, 60 x Navitron toobs and a 1500lt store. Outback VFX3048 and 950ah forklifts for backup,
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2012, 06:58:12 PM »

But,,but  Shocked Shocked,
                    Der is cute little pilot bit in centre of hole saw which keeps it steady and on target.Just drill slow and bobs yer aunt.
                I got that crimping tool like you got Paul, good buy for £14.00 but could not crimp a thing with it and went back to old faithfull.
                                                       biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
clivejo

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2012, 07:05:23 PM »

Why a crimper? Surely a bash with the hammer and Fannies your Auntie?

DISCLAIMER : Iím not responsible for anythingÖ for anything I say or do. Cos Iím a proud member of clan Eejit who once ruled Ireland.
danny stardust

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2012, 07:09:30 PM »

I met him after that gig and he signed a CD for me, AWESOME  Cool

The thing with trimming the post or using a hole saw is that the wire strands go into the post so not quite so easy to cut or trim without the drill wandering. A set of cheapo chinky crimpers will see you through all the wind turbine, battery, boat and Land Rover jobs you will ever do for a mere £30, money well invested if you ask me  Cool

And I thought you wore those ear defenders to protect your hearing from the noise in the ship's engine room. But it turns out it is more likely to save what hearing you have left after excessive clubbing.  whistlie

True enough that a good crimping tool will always come in handy, I borrow one from my pal's garage on the odd occasion I require one.
I have been guilty of a little crimptastic behaviour mixed with some hot solder and heat shrink action myself lately...... Grin

What with all this talk of batteries and music, I wonder if we can drag this thread off topic enough to include pole dancing?  Grin

2006 - 2011: 5 years of using 1.16Kwh of leccy a day. And still alive! Edit. Now 6 years and average down to 1.11Kwh a day. Still got a pulse!
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2012, 07:13:03 PM »

Strewth,,,,!!
          the very thought of it,,
                             to bash the auntie with the hammer on the ,,,,,,,
                                          strewth,,wot id the world coming to,,??  Shocked Shocked
                                                             Biff angel

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
camillitech

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2012, 08:50:58 PM »

But,,but  Shocked Shocked,
                    Der is cute little pilot bit in centre of hole saw which keeps it steady and on target.Just drill slow and bobs yer aunt.
                I got that crimping tool like you got Paul, good buy for £14.00 but could not crimp a thing with it and went back to old faithfull.
                                                       biff

You should have got the £30 you cheapskate  hysteria  hysteria, done everything from 90 down to 10 mm with it, makes beautiful joints even upside down and in mid air when you can't get a hammer and mandrel in  Tongue

Cheers, Paul

http://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/

'Off grid' since 1985,  Proven 2.5kW, Proven 6kW direct heating, SI6.OH, 800ah Rolls, 4.75kW PV ,4xTS45, Lister HR2 12kW, , Powerspout pelton, Stream Engine turgo, 60 x Navitron toobs and a 1500lt store. Outback VFX3048 and 950ah forklifts for backup,
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: