navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New system pros/cons to consider  (Read 1554 times)
smitk008

« on: July 12, 2012, 12:13:12 PM »

Dear all
We are in process of looking into a biomass/solar system and would appreciate feedback on the following hardware combination.
Charnwood cove 12B stove with a 12kw electric boiler connected to a Newark thermal store with solar coil and metal header tank with a supplementary 40 tube vacuum solar panel system with controls.

We live in a 4/5 bed bungalow, in Cornwall, with new double glazing, good levels of insulation, especially when I finish the extension roof and block up the gaping, new front door.
Thanks
Smitk008
smitk008

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 08:13:55 PM »

My apologies it is a Cove 2B stove.

My biggest concern is whether this system may be underpowered from a stove point of view. I wouldn't like to think that I'd be using the electric too much but I have an inkling that we might have to use electric in the winter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: