navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DECC announce more changes to FiTs  (Read 3643 times)
Ted
Global Moderator

« on: July 20, 2012, 07:28:49 PM »

In response to the 2B consultation earlier this year DECC have today announced more changes to the FiT scheme.

http://www.decc.gov.uk/assets/decc/Consultations/fits-review/5905-government-response-to-consultation-on-comprehensi.pdf

This includes more detail changes to PV as well as the other technologies, especially where community projects are concerned.

Most of these changes are to be implemented from 1st December 2012 (subject to parliamentary approval) with a few exceptions.

Solar PV and wind systems over 50kW DNC and all AD and hydro installations will be able to benefit from a preliminary accreditation process. To be eligible, proposed installations must have planning approval and evidence of acceptance of a firm grid connection offer, if needed, and hydro installations must have any necessary environmental approvals.

The system will provide a tariff guarantee for a fixed period of six months to two years depending on the technology.

PV - six months
AD - one year
wind - one year
hydro - two years

Tariff lifetimes will still apply from the installation’s commissioning date.

Community solar PV systems of up to 50kW DNC can also use the preliminary accreditation process. These are defined as those companies registered as a community interest company (CIC) on the Companies House register, or co-operatives or community benefit societies registered on the FSA Mutuals Public Register, who will be able to provide their incorporation/registration certificate. Any community company must have no more than 50 employees. All tariffs for community projects will be identical to non-community tariffs. Non-domestic community buildings will not be required to have an EPC of 'D' or higher (as is required for other properties but they must provide a current EPC when registering.

The exemption from the need for an EPC 'D' will be extended to schools and sixth form/colleges even where these do not meet the other conditions for being recognised as a community building.

Micro-hydro - which has been handled via ROO-FIT on a transitional basis so far due to lack of MCS coverage of this technology - will be managed under ROO-FIT on a permanent basis.

Non PV systems will be subject to a tariff degression mechanism from April 2014 with a baseline 5% drop per year. This will be adjusted based on deployment levels in the previous 12 months. The maximum degression level could be 20%.

Some further clarification of definitions is also included that are very important.

- “site” to prevent abuse of the scheme and to ensure that installations that necessarily share network connections, e.g. park homes and remote hydro installations, can access FITs on an individual basis;
- “commissioned” to clarify that installations have to be operating in order to be eligible to claim FITs;
- “hydro generating station” to include small tidal projects such as tidal mills and tidal locks that use a mixture of fluvial and tidal power;

I think those are most of the main points. Some of the detail will obviously need more careful reading and interpretation.

Not far away from needing a barrister just to figure out what tariff you will get paid.

Volunteer moderator
Ivan

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 12:58:33 AM »

I heard that the PV tariff is reducing not only in price but in duration - from 25years to 20years - but haven't had chance to check if this is right.

www.epogee.co.uk - Solar PV & Solar Thermal Training / MCS
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 08:50:37 AM »

Yes, that's correct. But not as part of this, it was announced at the end of May.

Volunteer moderator
M

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 09:29:21 PM »

Silly(ish) question, but when FITs expires in 25 or 20 years time, will we still get the export element, or have to try to persuade a company to 'take us on', which for the small amounts in question, may be unlikely? I'm thinking that as the generation payment gets reduced, the export part gradually becomes a more important part of the equation, so I was wondering what new installs (post 1/8/12) would receive after the 20 years are up.

Mart.

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
GavinA

Solar installer

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 09:17:10 PM »

you should do. No reason why the electricity companies should get your leccy for free.

at home | 80 tubes, 2 tanks direct PV powered SWH + Navitron supplied PV 5 x Yingli 185Wp solar panels
itsnewtome

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 07:00:37 PM »

Another silly question which I think I know but would like it confirmed. 'Multi installation rate' - I guess is anything more than 1 or is there a minimum limit?

Dont be too hard whistlie
M

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 07:52:11 PM »

Another silly question which I think I know but would like it confirmed. 'Multi installation rate' - I guess is anything more than 1 or is there a minimum limit?

Dont be too hard whistlie

25 I believe.

Mart.

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
Other-Power

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 12:32:41 PM »

I know that is really old post but here is a link to the Statutory Instruments No.2782 which lead on from the 2B consultation and came into affect from 1st December 2012.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2012/2782/article/15/made

and the PDF directly:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2012/2782/pdfs/uksi_20122782_en.pdf

Cheers

Jon

My advice is based on me spending my money doing this and my job spending others money doing this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: