navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ecotricity or Good Energy?  (Read 3322 times)
Bodidly

« on: July 26, 2012, 10:49:20 PM »

We have been with Ecotricity for several years but many people rate Good Energy. Trying to find independence analysis of each company's energy production is proving tricky. Do you know of any fact based sites that might enlighten me. Maybe there are some other providers I should know about.

Thanks in advance
Beau
ecogeorge

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 11:21:33 PM »

Ecotricity fuel mix here .........http://www.ecotricity.co.uk/our-green-energy/energy-independence/our-fuel-mix

54% green and still using coal and nuclear !! Sad
54% is brilliant compared to others but what about Goodenergy ------ I believe they are 100% green energy!!!

I know where I get mine from. Wink
PS If you want to swop to Goodenergy can I recommend you ? gets me a Brucey bonus I think.

rgds George.
Bodidly

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 07:37:30 AM »

Thanks George

When I signed up we were on a 100% renewable tariff this was only available a few years back and we are still on it, new customers are not offered the same tariff. From what I have found Ecotricity plow more money back into more renewable s than Goodenergy.
 http://www.whichgreen.org/energy-supplier-rating
I realize this site only tells one side of the story as it's an Ecotricity site.
r-morris

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 08:55:27 AM »

Not quite answering your question but my experience of Good Energy has been rubbish from start to finish.

Bizarrely for a "green" company, they can't do paperless billing, and their billing system seems to be from the IT dark ages - had a few cockups with things going to wrong address etc, when I called to deal with this they couldn't even email me PDF copies!

Then there was an incident when my sister called from a telephone number different to the one I'd given them as our "official" contact number - and subsequently had a call back from them on her number, indicating they'd captured the number from caller ID, without asking her consent.

Following this, I instructed them to remove all telephone numbers from their system. At first they said their IT system wouldn't let them do this, when I threated to make a Data Protection Act complaint they eventually agreed, but many times when I called back I repeatedly get asked for a phone number and have to go through the whole argument again.

And of course more recently with this G4S issue they've been cought on the back foot. I called them recently to discuss this and waited a week for the promised call back from a manager who could actually tell me what was going on, before chasing them up only to find their phone system was completely down! Eventually got through...although they are making noises about stopping doing business with G4S, they haven't made any commitment to customers to put in place policies and procedures to make sure that they have a way of dealing with any such issue in the future.

Generally speaking I get the impression they're a bedroom operation that's grown beyond their ability to manage. And a lot of greenwash!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 09:01:55 AM by r-morris » Logged
paul149

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 11:19:37 AM »

Just to be the devils advocate here I have not had any problems with GoodEnergy since Nov 2011!

Cheers Paul M. bike

3.5 kWp (14 x Sanyo H250E01 + SB3000TL) 225' (SW) at 35' Pitch Lat 51.30' (Bristol) Installed cost 2.63/Wp (Nov 2011) now with solarimmersion and 250L unvented dhw (Very Little gas input for DHW from Apr to mid Sep)
xways

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 01:13:44 PM »

Good Energy have just cut by 20% what they pay for our wind generate stuff but no cut in stuff we import.

Proven 6kw turbine
20kw woodburner supplying hot vwater and CH, fed from coppiced woodland.
Farming with enviroment but not organically.
Green burial ground with sedum roofed log cabin Borehole water
3.9kw pv
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: