navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunny Boy SB2500 Settings  (Read 2270 times)
greentangerine

Osmington, Dorset

« on: September 19, 2012, 01:28:20 PM »

Is there an easy way of checking the settings on an SB2500? In particular, that it's been set to whatever the UK values should be. 

I've been having overvoltage issues causing the inverter to trip out and it transpires that I'm not the only one in the village with this problem.  SSE had a team around checking voltages up poles etc and I've already had a voltage recorder on my incoming mains supply for a week a few moths back. 

They are trying to decide whether to change the transformer tap or reroute some of us onto a different transformer but the guy was quite insistent that I double checked that my inverter was set correctly.  It seems that his job has gradually changed in the last 18 months or so from ensuring that the lights stay on to investigating overvolatge issues / PV tripping.

2.940 kWP (Sharp ND210/Solis 4G 2.5)
2.115 kWP (Kinve KV235-60P/SB1600)
2.000 kWP (Sharp ND250/SB1600)
65 x 58mm SunnPro/Torrent T280 RE OV/SunSpeed2 205
11kW Dean Forge Croft Clearburn 10,000 BTU
SoFar ME3000SP/Pylon US2000 19.2kW
immerSUN 2
[url=http://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=4602&sid=195
jonesy

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 02:18:16 PM »

You will need to connect via either hard wired or wireless means (options on my SB1700) .  One you're connected and running sunny explorer, there is a list of settings, one of which should state G83.

As a quick check, there is a sticker on the side, put there by the factory, which will state G83, but that doesnt mean to say it is still in that state.  You should also have the factory print out.  Upper voltage is 261, lower voltage 209. 

1.1kWp PV & SB1700. 7kW log burner.
BruceB

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 02:21:38 PM »

The installation instructions say this:
"5.6 Setting the installation country
Using the "Default" parameter you can set the installation country and/or the grid connection
standard valid for the country via a communication device (e.g. Sunny WebBox) or a PC with
appropriate software (e.g. Sunny Data Control). However, this is only required if the Sunny Boy was
originally ordered for another country. The according standard the Sunny Boy has been configured
for upon delivery is specified on the type plate."
nowty

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 07:35:13 PM »

However, this is only required if the Sunny Boy was
originally ordered for another country.

Or you want to run it in off grid (Island) mode.

Easiest way is to get a bluetooth piggyback card (you might pick one up of fleebay for under 50 and they simply plug in) and use a bluetooth laptop to communicate with it using the free Sunny Explorer software from SMA. If your laptop does not have bluetooth you can pick up a bluetooth dongle for as little as about 1, I think I paid less than 1 including postage, I could not believe it.

Some settings might need a gridguard code which SMA will give you if you email them.

12kW+ of PV installed and 57+ MWh's generated.
Home battery storage of 50+ kWh's.
Hot water storage of 15+ kWh's.
Heat storage of 15+ kWh's.
6kW Ground source heatpump.
EV BMW i3 (another 30+ kWh's of storage).
270,000+ litres of water harvested from underground river.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: