navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Installing an inset boiler into a fireplace  (Read 1161 times)
chilled

« on: October 17, 2012, 08:49:46 AM »

Prior to receiving delivery of my new inset multi fuel stove I've been reading an on-line version of the manual.
I've been mentally running through the work required and a couple of questions (so far) have hit me.

I was surprised to see that the boiler is fully sealed into the fireplace surround and a continuous flue is not required, the stove vents into the fireplace area and onwards up the chimney. My Chimney is lined but I was expecting to have to link the stove with the flue rather than have an 'open space' between the two.
This makes installation a lot easier but I was surprised to see this, is this the norm?

Connecting the copper pipe, I'm guessing the only way to do this is to connect a section of pipe to the back boiler prior to sliding the stove into place.
Concerns about water tightness immediately comes to mind.
I'll also need to bury the pipe in to the wall, and was wondering if thermal flexing would be an issue causing cracks to appear in the long term. My alternative would be to run it outside and lag it, but not too keen on that option.
Another option could be to run the pipe down under the floorboards,over to a cupboard and follow the rest of the ch pipes, but thermal siphon capability would be zero so I assume that would be a no-no.

Anyone have any experience that they would like to share? 

cheers

Kevin

3.18kwp PV  (13 x Sharp NU245 panels & SB 4000TL)
50 x 47mm Navitron solar tubes with 250l Navitron thermal store with Antman Y plan wiring
Arada Hamlet wood burning stove (9Kw to water / 4Kw to room) connected to central heating system (modified Antman wiring)

SE Essex
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: