navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Anyone recommend Good quality ASHP Brands and maybe tell me which to avoid  (Read 12224 times)
mpooley

« on: January 17, 2013, 03:35:38 PM »

As mentioned in another Post I have just found out I haven't got enough land for a GSHP so will have to go with an ASHP

Can Anyone recommend Good quality ASHP Brands and maybe tell me which ones to avoid please?

thanks

Mike

It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.” Richard Feynman
wytco0

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 07:09:17 PM »

When we were planning ours a couple of years ago the 2 names that we most recommended were Vaillant and Mitsubishi, we ended up with a Vaillant mainly because we had been impressed with their product quality and support.

We are very happy with the Vaillant, but I am sure there are other good brands.
A.L.

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 07:27:58 PM »

hello,

given the recent sensitivity to mentioning products I have sent you a PM,

the report at - institute.ntb.ch/ies/competences/heat-pump-test-center-wpz/test-results.html?L=1 - may also be of interest
dullnote

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 06:15:45 PM »

Hi I installed a Danfoss AQ unit last Sep, I have been very impressed with it. It is quite and easy to run, cut my LPG cost by over 50% and the house is constantly warm.

Dullnote
Solal

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 10:30:45 PM »

Sorry  Dullnote but sweeping statements  like that could be straight  from a salesmans  brochure.
Indeed Danfoss state this  on ther website...
Danfoss DHP-AQ is so efficient that you can reduce your heating costs by up to 50%. Thanks to its advanced technology, it can retrieve energy from the air down to a temperature of minus 20 degrees.
 The patented TWS technology heats hot-water faster and with less energy consumption than any other system on the market (optional). Danfoss DHP-AQ does not require any boreholes, and produces: heat, hot-water and cooling.

What you state might be true  but it could also be hearsay. Must cost a packet though?

« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 10:55:55 PM by Solal » Logged
mpooley

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 09:39:10 AM »

hello,

given the recent sensitivity to mentioning products I have sent you a PM,

the report at - institute.ntb.ch/ies/competences/heat-pump-test-center-wpz/test-results.html?L=1 - may also be of interest
thanks
Can you tell me what the columns on the right mean for instance "A2/W35 (84% R.H. )

Mike

It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.” Richard Feynman
A.L.

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 09:50:43 AM »

hello again,

Can you tell me what the columns on the right mean for instance "A2/W35 (84% R.H. )

A2 is air temp 2°C, W35 is water temp 35°C and 84% R.H. is relative humidity 84%  Grin
itsnewtome

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 01:39:47 PM »

Do you know the geology of the ground? Are there any aquafers under there and therefor an open loop system?
Dimplex and NIBE are both good IMO
JonG

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 01:45:17 PM »

We have either trained with, installed or worked with the following:

NIBE
Dimplex
Danfoss
IVT
WB
Daikin
Mitsubishi
ICS
Husky
IDM
Kensa

Happy to give opinions on any or all of the above if you PM me.

Cheers,

Jon
Sean

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 05:54:57 PM »

Happy to give opinions on any or all of the above if you PM me.

what's the advantages of using the more recent EcoDan FTC 2 compared to the FTC 1 ?
JonG

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 07:45:38 PM »

Latest generation of the Mitsi controller is the FTC3 which came out last year from memory.

It basically offers more flexibility in terms of control I.E:

Via a 3rd party stat or stats combined with a weather curve on the heat pump
Via a 3rd party stat or stats combined with a fixed flow temp
Using the Mitsi controller remotely as a controller and thermostat, which then influences the curve along with the external sensor as the room temp reaches set point
As above but with additional Mitsi supplied stats to increase the available number of zones

There are other combinations but they are less commonly used. The FTC 3 is only available with the hydro box or packaged cylinder option, you add a TP heat pump cylinder to the hydro box option.

The FTC 2 is interfaced with a TP stat and an intermediate controller to set the curve up, but the end use mainly only has control via the stat and programmer.

The FTC 3 is a better interface and an easier controller for the end user, but to get the best from it you need an installer who understands the technology and your application.

Jon
sam123

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 05:27:19 AM »

Best (by far) is Fujitsu Waterstage. Not only experiences in Finland, but also in NL and Belgium: http://www.liveheatpump.be/t/en/p/meting/c/nl/d/11022012/s/day/h/6/woning/SCHI

I wouldn´t consider any other air to water pump. (I have GSHP and no connections to any brand).

Basic rules to remember: UFH or BIG radiators, DHW is only pre-heated with ASHP.

Tested by Technical Research Centre of Finland http://www.fgfinland.fi/PDF_www/VTT-S-09668-09.pdf (COP-curve in page 1(4) blue line)

hello again,

A2 is air temp 2°C, W35 is water temp 35°C and 84% R.H. is relative humidity 84%  Grin

That means air is too dry for real life. In real life ASHP will defrost time to time, which is key element to how it really works.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 05:31:29 AM by sam123 » Logged
dullnote

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 02:10:01 PM »

Sorry  Dullnote but sweeping statements  like that could be straight  from a salesmans  brochure.
Indeed Danfoss state this  on ther website...
Danfoss DHP-AQ is so efficient that you can reduce your heating costs by up to 50%. Thanks to its advanced technology, it can retrieve energy from the air down to a temperature of minus 20 degrees.
 The patented TWS technology heats hot-water faster and with less energy consumption than any other system on the market (optional). Danfoss DHP-AQ does not require any boreholes, and produces: heat, hot-water and cooling.

What you state might be true  but it could also be hearsay. Must cost a packet though?

Hi sorry for the sweeping statement, but it was a quick note, but it is true, used to pay £1992 a year for LPG, company who installed the pump calculated running cost £780 a year, I take it with a pinch of salt and looked a £1000 a year
So approx 50% or there about

Sofar the running costs are looking more towards under 1000, however the last week or Sotheby's costs have shot to due to temp drop.

I will post readings end of heating season if anyone wants them. Regarding Danfoss it is a simple pump to run is quite and is saving me money. If looking at pumps this is one I would say to look at. BUT DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH

Dulnote

efficiencyman

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2013, 11:50:37 AM »

I have fitted a whole house heat pump.  I am very impressed with price quoted £1500  for a Sanyo rotary compressor of 15Kw output . it has performed exstremely well, I have it installed as a Hybrid with my old system of 10 rads and under floor heating in conservatory, all on separate zone M/Valves. Even during the coldest days I am well impressed during my trials and temperature dependent Hybrid use. They also have Mitsubishi and Toshiba powered ASHP units.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 10:05:20 PM by Eleanor » Logged

Wet underfloor & multi zone Hybrid heating. Gas & 15Kw Heat Pump, Heat Stores 20 Evac Tube Solar Thermal. LED Lighting throughout.  Nissan Leaf Tecna Zero Emision Car.
Solal

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 06:52:41 PM »

Which model do you have  efficiency man?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: