navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Anyone recommend Good quality ASHP Brands and maybe tell me which to avoid  (Read 12223 times)
efficiencyman

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 12:29:49 AM »

Which model do you have  efficiency man?
Not sure that I am allowed to say, each time I have mentioned it eleanor has deleted it ! Not sure why!
I will say again as everybody else seems quote makers names,-spam removed -   I only paid £1500 last year,  inc. VAT  Warranty and Delivery Has been working very well on my self installed Hybrid set up, just what I wanted has cut my gas consumption by 90% so far this winter.
 Heating capacity of 15Kw  COP of 4-7 @ 15 Degs DB  or  COP  4-3 @ 11 CWB. Water temp 35Degs.   Default set output temp of 55 Degs C
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 10:03:18 AM by martin » Logged

Wet underfloor & multi zone Hybrid heating. Gas & 15Kw Heat Pump, Heat Stores 20 Evac Tube Solar Thermal. LED Lighting throughout.  Nissan Leaf Tecna Zero Emision Car.
martin

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 10:02:05 AM »

"each time I have mentioned it eleanor has deleted it ! Not sure why!" - try acquainting yourself with our very strict "no spam" rules - http://www.navitron.org.uk/forum/index.php/topic,16238.0.html - when a newbie appears from out of nowhere, and then starts praising a product by name, it flags it up as "likely spam" and it is treated accordingly - any repetition will be met with an immediate ban - in my view you're here for one reason only, to spam some el cheapo heat pump being flogged by an operation that has the barefaced cheek to get the mug punter to pay to call them to be sold the blessed things.............. whistlie
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 10:07:36 AM by martin » Logged

Unpaid volunteer administrator and moderator (not employed by Navitron) - Views expressed are my own - curmudgeonly babyboomer! - http://www.farmco.co.uk
bassman

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 01:10:17 PM »

I have been using a 16Kw Daikin Altherma Monobloc for a year and a half now and can only sing its praises

No running problems and saving around £700 per annum over my previous oil bils before the RHI kicks in (soon I hope)

See previous posts

http://www.navitron.org.uk/forum/index.php/topic,18291.0.html

http://www.navitron.org.uk/forum/index.php/topic,14832.0.html

Hope this helps

Daikin 16kW Monobloc ASHP - Stovax 8kW multifuel stove
efficiencyman

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 07:24:59 PM »

each time I have mentioned it Eleanor has deleted it ! Not sure why !
Sorry Martin and Eleanor, I now consider myself told off and will try to obey your very strict rules.   Apologies.   So if I have got this right then, only products that you sell can be mentioned with praise. When top brand products ( or El cheapo ) fail to be effective in their performance, can this be mentioned or not ?. 
 I have no reason to spam, sell, promote, any make whatsoever, I have not been asked to to get any punter to call anyone.  My only reason to be on your helpful site, is to learn more and help others to invest in renewable technology as I have for the last 25 years, I`m sorry that your view of me so far has given a wrong impression of my motives, which are basically that of saving hard earned cash, I am sure that we all try to do that, me especially now that I am a retired engineer trying only to stretch my pension. Hoping to be a helpful, experienced  contributor to this forum without whistling any rebranded names. bike bike

Wet underfloor & multi zone Hybrid heating. Gas & 15Kw Heat Pump, Heat Stores 20 Evac Tube Solar Thermal. LED Lighting throughout.  Nissan Leaf Tecna Zero Emision Car.
Solal

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 07:58:53 PM »

Dang. I've missed  this model name.

£1500  is not cheap. A commercial  air to air  heat pump  is  around that price  and maybe less.

The  domestic  ait too water   heat pump market  in the UK is full of sharks.  Lots of  UK distributors   charging over  £4k  for  air too water heat pumps  and fleecing  people  with  wads of cash   taken   who know no better.

So whats so special about  air too water  that can warrant  an extra  2 or 3 grand    added to the price?
It has an extra plate  heat exchanger  and thats about it ,  that can be purchased for a few  hundred quid or less.
dhaslam

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2013, 10:54:26 PM »

If you search for the  compressor type and output you will find the name on another forum.

There does seem to be a lot of overpricing in the  heat pump business.  I think this is partly to do with the cost of warranties  but  also  has something to do with the low volume of sales.  It is very like the situation with digital video recorders, they stayed at very high prices for many years because no one  could afford them and then suddenly they  could be bought for ten times less.

The air to water heat pumps have  a certain amount of vulnerability.   I think that my second one aged prematurely in the  severe weather  of winter 2009/2010.  I wouldn't get another one  but I am going to take a chance on a ground source one.    At present they are even more expensive than air source but at least I already have the  ground  loops, already filled with antifreeze.         

DHW 250 litre cylinder  60 X 47mm tubes
Heating  180,000 litre straw insulated seasonal store, 90X58mm tubes + 7 sqm flat collectors, 1 kW VAWT, 3 kW heatpump plus Walltherm gasifying stove
GavinA

Solar installer

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2013, 09:08:48 PM »

Navitron now sell what I consider to be arguably the best heat pumps on the UK market in the panasonic Aquarea range, well done to Navitron for getting that sorted out, you may as well just end this thread now tbh... well, if energy saving and rarely having to use the immersion for back up at low outside air temps are the criteria anyway.

tbf I think the mitsubishi ecodan range also do something a bit similar, but I don't think they've got a HT version.

It's a shame Navitron haven't got the full datasheets online for each model though...

at home | 80 tubes, 2 tanks direct PV powered SWH + Navitron supplied PV 5 x Yingli 185Wp solar panels
bxman

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2013, 11:05:55 PM »

As Navitron have now come out with obviously the Rolls Royce of Heat pumps.
Can we now forget this phobia over possible SPAM and have a sensible interchange of information on this important subject which may possibly attract a RHI carrot sometime or other in the future.

I personally am more than a little tired of seeing threads getting disjointed by the removal of total and/or partial posts   for alleged spam and/ or otherwise  offending opinions..

I do no know if anyone has had the courtesy to welcome to the forum #  efficiencyman
But if not I am sure I am not alone in doing so.

This forum has for a long time been a valuable and useful place for many of us .
So welcome and stick with it.
 best wishes Patrtick.
martin

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2013, 11:30:44 PM »

"I personally am more than a little tired of seeing threads getting disjointed by the removal of total and/or partial posts   for alleged spam" - well tough! - the moderating team, who are all volunteers, spend hours every day keeping this forum functioning, and spam free, every day we have a barrage of spam, from the simple "buy your todger pills here" sort, through to the sophisticated double acts whereby one will "innocently" ask "what do you think of xyz's heat pumps", and up pops the other one "oooh I think they're wonderful........" - add to that the spambots (over 99% of applications from people using Yahoo, Hotmail and Gmail are from spammers), it is an enormous job to wade through, SO if some newbie pops up praising some unknown company's products, they're going to get pretty short shrift - we have had a recent outbreak of all sorts of skullduggery on one subject which has boiled down to wholesale blatant spamming, and "knocking" of rival companies' products, so we tend to apply the duck test........ ("if it quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck".......), and then shoot from the hip - we just don't have the time nor inclination to waste even more time on the subtleties......... whistlie

It would be far easier to have a complete blanket ban on all use of company names, but we try to walk the tightrope of implementing the following -  " Navitron encourages discussion of all aspects of renewable technology including products which may be provided by competitors. However, Navitron expects all members to respect the fact that Navitron is a private company which sells renewable energy equipment and services. As such Navitron cannot and will not allow competitors to advertise and gain competitive advantage using this forum which is provided and paid for by Navitron; whether it be through direct means e.g. posting web links or through indirect means e.g. posting of bogus messages praising products or installers of our competitors"

Unpaid volunteer administrator and moderator (not employed by Navitron) - Views expressed are my own - curmudgeonly babyboomer! - http://www.farmco.co.uk
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2013, 12:15:28 AM »

Well Bxman,
            Martin did a very good job there clearing the air,so you should not have any more doubts about how Navitron is run.
           "This forum has long time been a valuable and usefull place for many of us",,,
                                                                            I have to agree, and we moderators will do our best to keep it like that,,
                                                           Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
Eleanor

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2013, 12:18:26 AM »

each time I have mentioned it Eleanor has deleted it ! Not sure why !

As you have asked and for the benefit of those who may have missed it :

1. Your first two posts were virtually identical and clearly copied and pasted and contained a link - typical of Spam we see day in day out. Posts by others mentioned products by name which aren't sold by Navitron but only yours set off the spam detectors.
2. I replaced the links with "SPAM LINK REMOVED"
3. You replaced this with the company name.
4. I removed it - I must have been in a good mood as I gave you the benefit of the doubt as you were new. I'm sure you would have put it back if the four hour editing window hadn't run out.
5. I'd seen you on another Forum where every other post you made had a custom made gratuitous link (Welcome to xxxxxx Heat Pumps ... including the phone number!) or mention of the same product.
6. You put the company name back in again in a later post!

There has never been a problem with discussing competitor products - the difficulty arises when it is perceived that the only reason for a post is to promote a company or product. If you want to be a "helpful and experienced contributor" then you can make a start by stopping making such an issue of it as it just makes you look more like a Spammer.

Bxman, sorry you donít like it but I made no changes to the original post apart from removing the link and saying so. I could have removed the post or made other changes to it but didnít. Thereís just no pleasing some people  Undecided

I'm doing this for free, please be nice to me surrender
"Very few batteries die a natural death ... most are murdered" stir
Sean

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2013, 10:33:11 AM »

There has never been a problem with discussing competitor products

I'm not so sure that is always the case, look at the Immersun/PV surplus switching threads that were ruined by the haphazard application of the Terms, it would appear primarily due to an open aired discussion of the switching technology used along with mentions of alternative products and issues.

Admittedly there were a few suspect posts in those now locked threads, but if Navitron are aiming to stock best of breed products then they should welcome the open discussion of competing products not stocked by them as this provides an ideal platform to detail exactly why they considered them better than the alternatives
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2013, 11:01:00 AM »

Ahhh Sean,
           If you were a moderator and were privey to what goes on behind the scenes,then you might be able to give an opinion on what is meant by a "few suspect posts",so untill that day comes along,you will just have to trust us that we do our best for everyone and act in as fair a manner as possible.
 We are even extremely tolerant towards the member who sit on the sidelines and snipes at every single positive outlook on the forum,,Would you not agree Sean,??
              Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
Eleanor

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2013, 11:10:07 AM »

There has never been a problem with discussing competitor products

I'm not so sure that is always the case, look at the Immersun/PV surplus switching threads that were ruined by the haphazard application of the Terms, it would appear primarily due to an open aired discussion of the switching technology used along with mentions of alternative products and issues.

Admittedly there were a few suspect posts in those now locked threads, but if Navitron are aiming to stock best of breed products then they should welcome the open discussion of competing products not stocked by them as this provides an ideal platform to detail exactly why they considered them better than the alternatives

Sean, I think you should quote the whole sentence as half of it doesn't really convey my intended meaning :

There has never been a problem with discussing competitor products - the difficulty arises when it is perceived that the only reason for a post is to promote a company or product.

As far as I am concerned the Immersun threads were affected by the second half of the sentence ie someone was using this Forum solely to sell their products - hell, a load of people bought them so tell me he wasn't! He did a similar thing in resurrecting old threads and copying and pasting information about his product. I don't it's necessary or particularly helpful to rake over the Immersun threads again and again every time another suspect appears.

I'm doing this for free, please be nice to me surrender
"Very few batteries die a natural death ... most are murdered" stir
Sean

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2013, 11:11:29 AM »

Ahhh Sean,
           If you were a moderator and were privey to what goes on behind the scenes,then you might be able to give an opinion on what is meant by a "few suspect posts",so untill that day comes along,you will just have to trust us that we do our best for everyone and act in as fair a manner as possible.
 We are even extremely tolerant towards the member who sit on the sidelines and snipes at every single positive outlook on the forum,,Would you not agree Sean,??
              Biff

deleting a few suspect posts isn't rocket science Biff yet the manner in which it has previously been done has made people somewhat nervous of posting mentions to ANY product not sold by Navitron, stifling debate isn't healthy

should I take your second point personally ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: